29 days ago
Six Month Fixed Term Contract
Founded by Victor Mishcon in a one-room office in Brixton in 1937 we now have offices in London and New York, employ more than 800 people, with over 500 lawyers offering a wide range of legal services to companies and individuals. In every area of the law that we operate, Mishcon de Reya prides itself in providing a best in class service to its clients. Specifically we offer the following legal services: corporate; dispute resolution; employment; family; private client; and real estate. An entrepreneurial spirit - where candour and involvement are key - characterises our ability to develop and execute the strategies required to achieve our clients’ goals in all these areas. We are an independent firm with an international footprint that extends far beyond our offices in London and New York.
The firm's data protection team sits across a number of the firm's practice areas, but is centred in the firm's Commercial Group, which itself sits in the firm's Dispute Resolution Department. The team provides advice across the entire range of data protection work – advisory, regulatory, drafting and negotiation, and litigation and disputes with the regulator and counterparts. The team acts for data subjects, controllers and processors, and advises on data transfers and regulatory compliance documentation and practice.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Liaising with clients in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
* Typing and amending attendance notes, letters, faxes presentations and other documents as required, using Microsoft Office and the DMS.
* To regularly, frequently and accurately maintain and update correspondence and other filing.
* To maintain confidentiality in respect of those matters which are commercially sensitive or secret.
* To transcribe audio dictation and copy type letters, memos and reports and to prepare signed correspondence for despatch.
* Liaising with other departments where required.
* Maintaining client contact details on CRM (Interaction) database.
* Photocopying, faxing and filing.
* Preparation of monthly bills.
* Checking for monies on account to see whether bills have been paid.
* To work under pressure to meet deadlines.
* Providing support as required by the fee-earners and working with other secretaries/paralegals in the Department.
* Previously litigation paralegal experience essential
* Experience working in Trade Marks or IP as a paralegal is preferred
* Ideally LPC/BPTC qualified or equivalent
* Excellent attention to detail
* Excellent organisational skills
* Ability to effectively manage own workload
* Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners/ key stakeholders
* Resilient and calm under pressure
* Adaptable and flexible approach
* Pro-active and takes initiative
* Proficiency in MS Packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer
* Experience with Document Management Systems is an advantage
(Six month fixed term contract with potential to extend)
Please note that this job profile is not an exhaustive list of duties but merely an outline of the key components of the role. You may be required by your line manager to take on additional responsibilities when requested.
Diversity & Inclusion lie at the heart of our core values. At Mishcon de Reya, our aim is to promote and foster a culture which embraces diversity, respect for the individual and the expression of talent, to empower individuals to fulfil their, and the firm’s, potential. In order to support this, we recognise the importance of flexible and agile working and are open to having conversations on how this could work for you and our business.