Role – Paralegal / Legal Assistant
Location – Blisworth, Northampton
Salary - £17K - £18K+ - Plus Excellent benefits
Our Client is the No.1 in England & Wales in terms of conveyancing matters by volume and so offer excellent career opportunities. Their Head office is at the edge of Leicester, with other growing offices outside Northampton and also in central Manchester and Newcastle. They dominate the Remortgage / Sale & Purchase / Lender / Panel and New Build market and so with such solid business behind them, they offer unmatched job security, training and development
JOB SUMMARY - You will apply previous conveyancing experience within a residential conveyancing environment that will allow you to further develop your career. You will be working within a high volume residential conveyancing environment.
You should be able to:
- Apply your conveyancing knowledge to carry out operational duties to a high standard
- Communicate with clients and third parties in a professional manner
- Provide good customer service
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attaching legal correspondence to files electronically;
- Dealing with legal enquiries;
- Proactively chasing third parties; and
- Chasing sale memorandum’s, landlords details, initial payments for searches, obtaining copies of client identification;
- Obtaining redemption statements;
- Confirming instructions.
- Manage a small caseload of simple freehold transactions (circa 40) under direct supervision of the Team Leader/Conveyancing Manager, until such time as your manager deems it appropriate to increase your portfolio of cases.
- Core hours are Mon-Fri from 9am – 5pm, however shifts outside of these hours such as 10am -6pm, 11am - 7pm & 12am - 8pm may be required from time to time.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS - You will be able to liaise with clients, recommenders, conveyancers, agents and third parties. This will include communication in person, in writing, or by telephone. You will be able to produce accurate comprehensive documentation for clients, professional persons and third parties.
- Shows willingness to learn however recognises limits of ability and when to seek advice.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented with a positive outlook.
- Remain calm under pressure and easily adapts to change.
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined.
- Empathic communicator with tact and diplomacy.
- Understands dynamics of working within a team.
- Enthusiastic and committed.
- Approachable, well presented and professional.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to organise, prioritise and manage your time.
- The ability to deal with people from all backgrounds.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficient mathematical skills.