6 months ago
Are you looking for your next Paralegal role within a law firm that is growing in size and global reach?
About the role
CMS are looking for a Paralegal to provide a professional support service to the Infrastructure, Construction and Energy (ICE) Disputes team. The ICE Disputes team specialises in all forms of dispute management, avoidance and resolution in respect of all matters concerning the built environment, from multi-million pound international arbitrations to fast-paced adjudications. The team is currently ranked as Tier 1 in the Legal 500 and is consistently ranked in the Global Arbitration Review as one of the world’s busiest internal arbitration practices in the energy sphere.
You will be supporting on a specific dispute in the first instance, but with the potential to extend to other cases.
Tasks will include:
- Assisting with disclosure processes, including reviewing documents and using online document review platforms (such as Relativity).
- Checking and collating documents.
- Assisting with the preparation of bundles (for the team and for Court/Arbitral hearings).
- Legal research.
This is a 6 months fixed term contract
- A degree in Law or Business Law (having completed the LPC or BVC will be an advantage but is not essential).
- Previous paralegal experience in an office or legal environment would be beneficial.
- Experience of disclosure or the preparation of hearing bundles would be an advantage.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, challenging environment to tight deadlines.
- Organised, disciplined and thorough with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to build relationships with internal team members, barristers and clients.
CMS are delighted to be named Law Firm of the Year at the 2018 British Legal Awards.
CMS is an international law firm with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
Ranked as the world’s 6th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in 42 countries from 74 offices worldwide.
A future facing law firm CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.
CMS is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment, to not only adhere to current employment law, but to harness the full potential of our staff and ensure that all individuals are treated fairly and with respect. To meet this aim CMS endeavours to treat all staff and job applicants equally, on the basis of merit and the ability to do their job. Everybody will be treated equally regardless of race, colour, age, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital or civil partner status, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or maternity status (“Protected Characteristics”).
For further information about CMS’ diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here.to view the diversity pages on our website.
How to apply
If you are interested please apply online. If you have any queries, please contact Tahira Choudhry, Recruitment Advisor.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.