about 1 month ago
Paralegal – Employment – Southampton
This opportunity will allow you to build experience by assisting the team in their day to day work. You will be providing administrative support to the Partner and Solicitor in the Employment and HR Team, with the potential to fee-earn.
Hours: Full Time
Vacancy Reference: 515-PSN
On a day to day basis you will be:
* Working with the Southampton Employment and HR team on a range of contentious and non-contentious work for both commercial/corporate clients, as well as (generally senior level) individuals
* Providing high quality and pro-active support to your team
* Managing diaries
* Submitting expenses
In addition to the administrative tasks, you may be asked to:
* Assist with business development activities including pitches, proposals and tenders
* Prepare and collate marketing materials for seminars
* Prepare Employment Tribunal cases
* Collate document bundles
* Draft witness statements
* Liaise with counsel and clients as appropriate
This is a fast-paced role and you will need to be proactive and flexible to meet the demands of your team. You will need to be able to priorities a number of different tasks effectively, enabling the team to work as efficiently as possible.
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with information security and all firm policies and procedures.
You will have:
* A strong level of academic achievement, ideally as a law or GDL graduate (or equivalent); you may also have completed the LPC
* A keen interest in progressing a career in employment law or HR practice
* Ideally some basic knowledge of employment law practice and procedure, attained through your legal studies or recent work experience
* The ability to work both individually and as part of a team
* Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, alongside a passion for delivering a quality service to our clients
* High levels of initiative, always forward-thinking and anticipating our lawyers’ and clients’ needs
* Excellent spelling and good grammar, proficiency with the usual Microsoft packages, including Word, and be comfortable learning new databases and other software packages
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can )
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.