The role is to work as a paralegal within the Commercial and Household Recoveries team. This is predominantly a claimant based role. The successful candidate will initially commence in the Commercial and Household Recoveries team but will be expected to work in any of the teams within CSG Property.
Depending on workloads in the team the candidate will be asked to undertake:
• Early analysis and investigatory work on new property instructions to assess the prospects for a recovery.
• Reviewing Insurer policy documents, loss adjuster reports and expert evidence.
• Investigating liability on a variety of general recoveries claims, ranging from escapes of water, flooding, impact and fire damage etc.
• Gathering evidence and ensuring the technical and expert evidence obtained by insurers loss adjusters is sufficient to prove causation.
• Interviewing insured clients and discussing claims with loss adjusters/assessors.
• Creating summary reports for new instructions which outline the circumstances, prospects, concerns and ultimately making a decision on whether the instruction holds viable prospects for a recovery.
• Reporting to insurer clients with a claim review and a decision as to whether to Property team will be taking on the instruction.
The candidate will:
• Exercise full compliance with DAC Beachcroft LLP protocols on billing and credit control.
• Be self-motivated and organised and able to meet deadlines.
• Have a confident and sensitive telephone manner.
• Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols.
The candidate should:
• Have a minimum of a degree in Law (LLB or equivalent) or Cilex qualification;
• Be interested in and preferably have a basic understanding of general contract and tort;
• Be interested in and willing to learn insurance property damage law;
• Be interested in and willing to learn the technical aspects of construction and property investigation as required for the role
• Be change oriented, with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
• Be IT literate, with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office and previous knowledge or experience of a case management system would be an advantage but not essential.
• Willingness to follow a process driven system, working within set parameters.
• Be team orientated, with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
• Have good organizational skills with the ability to process high volumes of emails in a timely fashion.
The Claims Solutions Group (CSG) Property team in Bristol provides solutions to the Insurance property recovery sectors. Our specialist property and recovery team of 1 Partner, 1 Associate, 16 Solicitors/ Legal Exec and 17 paralegals provides expert and practical advice over a range of areas:
• Public Liability / Property Damage claims
• Professional indemnity claims - defending Architects, Surveyors, Engineers etc
• Property subsidence
• Property recovery
• Fraud recovery
• Credit hire recovery
• Motor recovery
The CSG Property team is expanding:
• General property recoveries (fire, escape of water, impact of vehicles into property etc)
• Subsidence mitigation (involving bringing legal proceedings where necessary to mitigate damage to property caused by third party trees, failed foundations, failed underpinning, escape of water etc)
• Motor recoveries (involving recoveries against negligent third parties for causing damage to motor vehicles) and
• Costs involving negotiating legal costs
About the firm
With over 2,300 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Legal 500 UK, 2017, the firm received top tier ranking for 29 of its practice areas and 60 practice areas in the top two tiers. In addition, Chambers UK, 2017, awarded 99 rankings to our partners and professionals as leading lawyers and 57 rankings in 30 separate practice areas, 36 of these rankings being in Band 1 and 2.
DAC Beachcroft holds certification under ISO9001, the quality assurance standard and ISO27001, the information security standard, and DAC Beachcroft LLP is the largest law firm in the country to hold a Gold Investors in People award.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.