We are looking to strengthen our Clinical Risk team in Bristol and currently we have an opportunity for a Paralegal to join us. This role presents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and commercially minded individual to join a progressive and highly specialised team.
• Assisting a Partner and an Associate on their interesting and high value caseloads of pre-lit and litigated defendant clinical negligence claims on behalf of the NHSLA, NHS Trusts and med-mal insurers. This will involve a wide range of task based work, including instructing experts and counsel, liaising with witnesses, arranging conferences, drafting documents, undertaking research and dealing with disclosure issues. There will also be opportunities to attend conferences and hearings with counsel.
• Adhering closely to client protocol and process, using our bespoke case management system.
• Making an appropriate contribution to non fee-earning activity e.g. knowledge sharing, training, client seminars and business development.
• Ideally individuals will have completed their LPC or equivalent / ILEX.
• Preferably individuals with experience in defendant personal injury or claimant / defendant clinical negligence or an insurance claims handling background.
• Strong technical skill and an ability to understand and work through complex issues.
• A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues and to be highly client- focused.
• Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues building up strong relationships.
About the firm
With over 2,300 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Chambers UK, the leading legal guide's 2017 edition, the firm received 57 rankings with 36 of our total listings in either Band 1 or Band 2, as well as 99 Ranked Lawyers.
In The Legal 500 UK 2016, one of the leading guides to law firms in the UK, the firm received 105 practice area rankings, over half of which are Tier 1 and 2. In addition to team rankings, 18 of our lawyers have been listed in the elite "leading individuals" list, some in multiple categories, and 161 colleagues are "recommended" in the editorial.
DAC Beachcroft holds certification under ISO9001, the quality assurance standard and ISO27001, the information security standard, and DAC Beachcroft LLP is the largest law firm in the country to hold a Gold Investors in People award.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.