11 months ago
• Paralegals provide dedicated matter support and assistance.
• Ensure projects and tasks are completed accurately, on time and to the ultimate clients’ satisfaction.
• To deliver optimal client and commercial benefit in line with the Firm’s efficiency drive.
• UK based, but able to provide global matter support.
• Occasionally expected to be on call 24/7 during busy periods.
• Member of the Legal Team, working with the Practice and Business Services functions to achieve client led deadlines.
• Possesses an eagerness to see the job through to completion and displays strong communication, ownership and time management skills.
• Sufficient gravitas and experience to work effectively with more senior colleagues including Partners, Managing Associates and Clients.
Key responsibilities and challenges
Assistance on specific projects requiring specific legal training and knowledge, including, but not limited to:
• Undertaking document and audio review in dispute resolution, contentious matters and investigations, and understanding relevant legal concepts and processes
• Ensure successful delivery of e-disclosure tasks/projects
• Assisting with electronic court filings and court runs
• Undertaking weekly Bloomberg searches (a court proceedings search tool)
• Assistance with case preparation and witness interview preparation
• Preparing trial bundles
• Assistance with the review and redaction of documents
• Legal research
• Initial drafting of various legal documents and correspondence, including statements of case and disclosure reports
• Taking instructions from the practice on, and completing, miscellaneous ad hoc tasks as required
Ability to use IT solutions that are aligned to the requirements of the practice, including:
• E-disclosure review platforms
• Legal research tools
Assistance on specific projects requiring administrative skills and common sense, including:
• Preparing folder structures
• Quality Assurance
• Perform duties in accordance with agreed instructions / procedures.
• Report on work in progress and any service issues to Manager/ Senior Project Leader / Project Leader.
• Assist and provide best practice guidance to peers.
• Ability to work autonomously where necessary, with a proactive and confident approach.
• Will work in all Legal Services Centre teams and at external client sites as and when required.
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of the legal and legal technology market and what external factors influence it.
• Anticipate and be reactive to changing client instructions and transactional requirements.
Located within commuting distance to central London
* Ability to work within a pressurised environment;
* Willingness to work long hours where there is the requirement to do so
* Strong attention to detail (especially on time consuming and repetitive tasks
* Imaginative, highly motivated and driven to excel
* Team player but able to work autonomously where necessary
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Demonstrates strong commitment to maintaining high levels of customer service
* Approachable and willing to learn new skills and take on responsibility
* Appreciation of the culturally diverse environment in which the firm operates
Education / Qualification
Law degree or equivalent and LPC/BPTC or Qualified Lawyer
Fluent in English.
Strong awareness of MS office applications including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
Extremely organised - able to prioritise and manage workload
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Excellent eye for detail and presentation
Good office administration skills
Quality assurance and customer service experience;
Attention to detail
Good business acumen;
Sound understanding of legal market