About the Role
Situated in the heart of stunning Oxford, our dedicated Personal Injury team are looking to appoint a proactive Paralegal to join their friendly department on a 12 month FTC.
As a Paralegal you will provide an important link between the client and the firm, having some responsibility for aspects of file management, under supervision.
Other responsibilities for this role include:
• Manage aspects of files that are managed by qualified lawyers and carry out simple, routine tasks
• Under take legal processes, under supervision
• All administrative duties associated with this role.
• Draft legal documents using appropriate precedents and templates which address all relevant legal and factual issues and accurately reflect the client’s instructions
• Undertake effective legal research, using appropriate methods and sourcing, presenting the results accurately and clearly
• Meet and exceed client service needs in all aspects of work.
• Learn firm policies and business processes, ensuring compliance particularly with regards to confidentiality, security , data protection and file retention and destruction requirements
• Undertake all training relating to risk & compliance, keeping up to date with changes and best practice
• Ensure all work complies with risk management policies and procedures, including effective use of information management systems including storing and retrieving information
• Support fee earners to prepare for BD & marketing activities
• Attend RWK BD events where appropriate
• Take an active part in promoting the firm through Social media channels such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
• Begin to build business relationships with 3rd parties under supervision (e.g. agents, referrers, experts), responding to enquiries and building a good rapport
We are looking for a committed legal professional who can work as an effective team member and provide support and work in a busy dynamic working environment.
• Legal qualifications (LLB or cILEX) Desirable
• LPC Desirable
• Previous experience within a Paralegal or Legal Assistant role Essential
• Excellent organisation capability with the ability to effectively prioritise Essential
• Client service focused Essential
• Ability to undertake basic legal work under supervision Essential
Positive Attitude to Work - Approaches work with positivity and energy and thrives in a busy environment. Essential
Effective Communicator - Clearly conveys information and ideas through the relevant media. Speaks in Plain English. Essential
Self Aware - Recognises personal strengths and weaknesses and uses that knowledge to interact positively with others. Maintains a professional impression. Essential
Team Player - Actively participates as a member of a team. Develops and maintains relationships with others. Essential
Resilient - Functions effectively under pressure and handles difficult circumstances in a manner that is acceptable to others and Royds Withy King. Essential
Open to Change - Receptive to new ways of working with the ability to be flexible in approaching tasks and problems.
Please note that the successful applicant will be subject to pre-employment screening including a DBS (Criminal Background) check.
We are a progressive UK Top 100 law firm known for our commercial, private client, clinical negligence and personal injury work. We were the winner of the Managing Partners’ Forum ‘Best Managed Firm’ award for 2019.
Our firm has 520 people with offices in Bath, Oxford, London, Swindon and Marlborough.
At Royds Withy King, people come first. Our brand is built around being ‘Ahead of the Curve’. By this we mean always trying to put ourselves in our clients’ shoes, looking ahead to the future, anticipating their needs and coming up with solutions.
We also pride ourselves on providing a brilliant place to work. We recognise that investing in our people and their career is the only way we can succeed in achieving what is best for our clients. Our friendly, accessible and supportive culture is incredibly important to us and we are continually looking at new ways to nurture and enhance it. Our people tell us that this is a firm with a flat structure, where everyone has a voice and everyone’s opinions matter.
Fixed Term Contract- Full Time