Leigh Day is urgently seeking to hire a Paralegal within the Employment Department in Manchester.
Key Tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Effectively assisting in the progression of a large group claim (against the DWP) and ensuring that accurate information and instructions are obtained from our clients
• Accurate recording of information that is gathered in line with existing protocols
• Dealing with general litigation of the case including interviewing clients and witnesses, managing processes and protocols and corresponding with other solicitors and the tribunal and courts
• Complying with the Civil Procedures Rules and Employment Tribunal Rules & Procedures
• Some work assisting in the progression other group claims and/or individual matters as required
To be successful you must have:
• An interest in working with a leading claimant law firm is a must along with a strong understanding and appreciation of Leigh Day values and ethos.
• A legal qualification (LLB or LPC) or significant experience in providing legal advice
• Experience of at least six months of paid employment
• Demonstrable experience of working with vulnerable individuals
• The self motivation required to assist with group claims
This is a Permanent position based in Manchester.
Please visit our website to download the job description and application form.
Please return the following documents to the email address provided on our website by Friday 27 September 2019.
• A covering letter stating why you are interested in this role, your salary expectations and applicable notice period.
• A copy of your up-to-date CV.
• The completed application form (downloadable from our website)
Unfortunately we may not be able to consider applications where this information is not provided.
Valuing diversity is essential to Leigh Day’s on-going success. We are committed to creating a working culture where everyone’s contributions are encouraged and valued and the workplace is free from barriers to inclusion, particularly for those from under-represented backgrounds.
Should you have a disability or long-term condition that requires adjustments to the application or interview process, please contact us, in confidence, to discuss your requirements.
More information about equality, diversity and inclusion at Leigh Day is available on our website.