Leigh Day is seeking a Paralegal to join the Personal Injury Department in our London office. This role offers a great opportunity to build a legal career within the Cycling team.
Key duties and Responsibilities;
• Assist with drafting documents, client liaison, research work, general correspondence, assistants with procedures relating to costs collections and administrative support.
• Sort and review medical and financial records, liaise with medical professionals, financial institutions and other solicitors.
• Thorough and accurate note taking at meetings and preparation of file notes.
• Preparing court and other documents for the approval of the fee earner.
• Undertake other ad-hoc duties as required from time to time.
To be successful you must have;
• Genuine interest to work with a leading claimant law firm and passionate about providing access to justice to all.
• Good academic background with legal qualifications (Degree, GDL, LPC etc.).
• Proven ability to organise and prioritise a complex workload and work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a positive attitude.
• Proven ability to communicate accurately, clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing with a wide range of clients and various stakeholders.
• Relevant paralegal experience in Personal Injury.
• Experience in sorting and reviewing medical, financial records and drafting legal documentation and correspondence.
• Experience in interviewing clients, taking witness statements, dealing sensitively and managing difficult situations and conversations.
This is a permanent, full-time position based in London.
Please visit our website to download the job description and application form.
Please return the following documents to the email address provided on our website by Sunday 22 September 2019.
• A covering letter stating why you are interested in this role, your salary expectations and applicable notice period.
• A copy of your up-to-date CV.
• The completed application form (downloadable from our website).
Unfortunately we may not be able to consider applications where this information is not provided.
Valuing diversity is essential to Leigh Day’s on-going success. We are committed to creating a working culture where everyone’s contributions are encouraged and valued and the workplace is free from barriers to inclusion, particularly for those from under-represented backgrounds.
Should you have a disability or long-term condition that requires adjustments to the application or interview process, please contact us, in confidence, to discuss your requirements.
More information about equality, diversity and inclusion at Leigh Day is available on our website.