We are seeking to appoint a Paralegal within our Personal Injury, Asbestos department. This role offers an excellent opportunity to build a legal career and work with an award winning, specialist claimant law firm, consistently ranked by legal directories as national leaders. Leigh Day's asbestos lawyers have secured millions of pounds in compensation in the last ten years for clients whose loved ones have died because of asbestos exposure.
Main duties and responsibilities;
• Assisting with drafting documents, client liaison, research work, general correspondence and administrative support.
• Sorting and reviewing medical and financial records, liaison with medical professionals, financial institutions and other solicitors.
• Ensuring that urgent matters are referred to the appropriate personnel in the absence of the supervising fee-earner.
To be successful you should have;
• Genuine interest to work with a leading claimant law firm and passionate about providing access to justice for all.
• Demonstrable paralegal experience in drafting legal documents; preparing client care documents sorting and producing a review of medical and financial records, liaising with medical professionals, financial institutions and other solicitors.
• Good academic background with Legal qualifications (Degree, GDL, LPC etc.).
• Proven ability in meeting / interviewing clients, taking witness statements, dealing sensitively and managing difficult situations and conversations.
• Proven ability to work and contribute in a team environment.
• Relevant paralegal experience in claimant Asbestos / Industrial Disease while not essential will be advantageous as will be demonstrable experience in preparing CFA documents; statements and benefits applications; requesting National Insurance histories
This is a permanent, full-time position based in Manchester.
Please visit our website to download the job description and application form.
Please return the following documents to the email address provided on our website by Sunday 15 September.
• A covering letter stating why you are interested in this role, your salary expectations and applicable notice period.
• A copy of your up-to-date CV.
• The completed application form (downloadable from our website).
Unfortunately we may not be able to consider applications where this information is not provided.
Valuing diversity is essential to Leigh Day’s on-going success. We are committed to creating a working culture where everyone’s contributions are encouraged and valued and the workplace is free from barriers to inclusion, particularly for those from under-represented backgrounds.
Should you have a disability or long-term condition that requires adjustments to the application or interview process, please contact us, in confidence, to discuss your requirements.
More information about equality, diversity and inclusion at Leigh Day is available on our website.