Leigh Day is seeking to recruit a Paralegal to join its highly acclaimed Clinical Negligence department. This role would offer a great opportunity to build a legal career and work on recent high profile cases.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Efficiently drafting documents and letters.
• Dealing with clients’ queries to achieve the most successful outcome according to the particular circumstances.
• Preparing statements and researching legal, medical and practical issues.
• Collating and analysing medical records and other client related documentation.
• Assisting with costs claims, billing and negotiations and assisting with other administrative tasks such as preparing bundles, photocopying, filing, whilst paying attention to detail and accuracy.
• Assisting with new client enquiries as and when required.
To be successful you must have:
• Genuine interest to work with a leading claimant law firm and passionate about providing access to justice.
• Excellent academic background. Legal qualifications (Degree, GDL, LPC etc.) and previous experience in clinical negligence litigation are desirable but not essential.
• Demonstrable experience of interviewing clients in order to take witness statements, with the ability to deal with sensitive conversations with a strong commitment to client care.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• The ability to manage own workload in an organised and methodical manner.
• Demonstrable experience in using a variety of IT packages (MS Word, Excel, Case Management Systems, Outlook).
This is a 12 month FTC, full-time position based in London.
Please visit our website to download the job description and application form.
Please return the following documents to the email address provided on our website by Monday 26 August 2019.
• A covering letter stating why you are interested in this role, your salary expectations and applicable notice period.
• A copy of your up-to-date CV.
• The completed application form (downloadable from our website).
Unfortunately we may not be able to consider applications where this information is not provided.
Valuing diversity is essential to Leigh Day’s on-going success. We are committed to creating a working culture where everyone’s contributions are encouraged and valued and the workplace is free from barriers to inclusion, particularly for those from under-represented backgrounds.
Should you have a disability or long-term condition that requires adjustments to the application or interview process, please contact us, in confidence, to discuss your requirements.
More information about equality, diversity and inclusion at Leigh Day is available on our website.