Leigh Day is seeking a Paralegal to join its highly acclaimed Consumer Law and Product Safety Department.
Leigh Day is a specialist law firm and over the last 20 years we’ve become the biggest and best specialist Consumer Law and Product Safety team in UK, winning landmark cases for individuals and groups. If you want to learn more about Leigh Day’s Consumer Law and Product Safety Department please visit: Defective products and consumer law claims.
Main Duties and responsibilities;
The role will be supporting the team with drafting various documents, client liaison including interviewing clients and taking witness statements, research work, assisting with providing preliminary advice on causation /quantum, assist with negotiations and provide general administrative support. Responsibilities will also include sorting and reviewing updated medical and updating medical chronologies. Specifically, the work will involve representing clients who have had hip components that have failed prematurely. The role will also involve helping to research and develop new areas of practice for the firm.
To be successful you should have;
• Demonstrable relevant paralegal experience in drafting clear concise legal notes and correspondence.
• Excellent academic background with legal qualifications (Degree, GDL, LPC etc.).
• Experience in interviewing clients and taking witness statements, dealing sensitively and managing difficult conversations.
• Proven ability to communicate accurately, clearly and concisely with a wide range of clients and stakeholders.
• Experience in using a variety of IT Packages (MS Word, Excel, Case Management Systems, Outlook)
This is a Permanent, full-time position based in London.
Please visit our website to download the Job Description for the Paralegal, London post.
Please return the following documents to the email address provided on our website by Sunday 23 June 2019.
• A covering letter stating why you are interested in this role, your salary expectations and applicable notice period.
• A copy of your up-to-date CV.
• The completed application form (downloadable from our website) – Please clearly state reference (PARA/CL&PS/MV/JUNE2019) on your application form.
Unfortunately we may not be able to consider applications where this information is not provided.
Valuing diversity is essential to Leigh Day’s on-going success. We are committed to creating a working culture where everyone’s contributions are encouraged and valued and the workplace is free from barriers to inclusion, particularly for those from under-represented backgrounds.
Should you have a disability or long-term condition that requires adjustments to the application or interview process, please contact us, in confidence, to discuss your requirements.
More information about equality, diversity and inclusion at Leigh Day is available on our website.