Leigh Day is seeking a Paralegal to join the International Department in our London office. This role offers a great opportunity to build a legal career and work on recent high profile cases.
Key duties and Responsibilities;
• Assist with drafting letters and other documents under supervision, analysing documents and data, client liason, research work, general correspondence and administrative support.
• Regular travel abroad in order to take client instructions, trips with experts and to take witness evidence.
• Thorough and accurate note-taking at meetings and preparation of file notes.
• Administrative duties as and when is required to include arranging meetings, booking meeting rooms, hotel accommodation and international travel arrangements, including security, visas and medical requirements.
To be successful you must have;
• Solid understanding of litigation procedures.
• Relevant legal qualifications (LLB, GDL, LPC, LLM or MA in law or relevant field).
• Demonstrable experience in drafting legal documentation and correspondence, sorting and reviewing financial records.
• Demonstrable paralegal and/or legal experience with reference to drafting and analysing documents, client liaison and legal research.
• Excellent communication skills, demonstrated by ability to communicate accurately, clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
• Proven ability to organise and prioritise a complex workload and work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a positive attitude.
This is a 12 month FTC, full-time position based in London.
Please visit our website to download the job description and application form.
Please return the following documents to the email address provided on our website by Sunday 19 May 2019. Please state reference code PARA/INT/MD-OH/MAY19 on your covering letter if you would like to be considered for this position.
• A covering letter stating why you are interested in this role, your salary expectations and applicable notice period.
• A copy of your up-to-date CV.
• The completed application form (downloadable from our website).
Unfortunately we may not be able to consider applications where this information is not provided.
Valuing diversity is essential to Leigh Day’s on-going success. We are committed to creating a working culture where everyone’s contributions are encouraged and valued and the workplace is free from barriers to inclusion, particularly for those from under-represented backgrounds.
Should you have a disability or long-term condition that requires adjustments to the application or interview process, please contact us, in confidence, to discuss your requirements.
More information about equality, diversity and inclusion at Leigh Day is available on our website.