Leigh Day is seeking to recruit a paralegal within the Employment Department. The role provides a perfect opportunity to develop experience in employment law by working alongside an award winning team on ground breaking cases.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities;
• Supporting an interesting, high-profile and complex equal pay claim and a large, potentially high-value group claim relating to pensions.
• Effectively obtaining accurate information and instructions from clients, together with analysing the legal and practical aspects of the claim and to provide advice
• Communicating effectively with clients in an approachable and professional manner
• Ensuring that filing is kept up-to-date and correspondence is maintained correctly
To be successful you must have;
• An interest in working with a leading claimant law firm is a must along with a strong understanding and appreciation of Leigh Day values and ethos
• Demonstrable experience of working in an administrative role and supporting a busy team
• Proven ability to deal with clients in a sympathetic and compassionate manner
• Proven ability to organise and prioritise a complex workload and work to tight deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail, even on some repetitive tasks
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office and Excel, with an understanding of Practice / Case Management System.
This is a permanent, full time position based in London.
Please visit our website to download the full job description and application form.
Please return the following documents to the email address provided on our website by 19 May 2019.
• A covering letter stating why you are interested in this role, your salary expectations and applicable notice period.
• A copy of your up-to-date CV.
• The completed application form.
Unfortunately we may not be able to consider applications where this information is not provided.
Valuing diversity is essential to Leigh Day’s on-going success. We are committed to creating a working culture where everyone’s contributions are encouraged and valued and the workplace is free from barriers to inclusion, particularly for those from under-represented backgrounds.
Should you have a disability or long-term condition that requires adjustments to the application or interview process, please contact us, in confidence, to discuss your requirements.
More information about equality, diversity and inclusion at Leigh Day is available on our website.