ACS are looking for a Paralegal to join the Chester office of a well-established law firm on a full time basis.
The salary for this role is competitive, and the successful candidate will be provided with support and knowledge to help you maintain and deliver excellent service to our customers.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- You will take responsibility of your own litigated and pre-litigated files from start to completion.
- Manage client’s expectations in relation to settlement of their case.
- You will use our in-house case management system (Proclaim) and will liaise with clients, insurers, expert witnesses and solicitors.
- Handling files by way of obtaining medical reports, liaising with clients, disclosing reports and attempting to reach settlement or issuing cases in line with company expectations.
- You will be instructing experts and preparing court bundles.
- To maintain high standards in the processing of client work, both in respect of professional standards and client care.
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of all client documentation and information.
- Comply with CPD or other training requirements.
- Carry out such additional administrative duties as required by the Practice Director.
- To maintain good professional working relationships both internally and externally.
Requirements of the candidate include:
- You will have experience within Personal Injury and MOJ Portal at Stages 2.
- Hold a Law Degree/ Legal qualification.
- Confident in managing litigated files.
- A proactive negotiator.
- Capable of gathering, organising and managing information.
- Ability to multi-task & deal with several actions/ cases simultaneously.
- Be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Be eager to learn, showing a positive, can do approach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a team.
- Able to build rapport and establish relationships.
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.
ACS Recruitment Consultants Ltd are the market leader within Legal Recruitment and we specialise in the placement of Qualified Solicitors, Legal Executives, Paralegals, Legal Secretaries and Support Staff at all levels.