Jackson Lees Group are searching for a Paralegal, preferably with experience of working in Clinical Negligence or PI to join their team.
We are looking for a candidate with excellent communication skills and the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team. The ability to work proactively with attention to detail is a must. Excellent organisation skills are required and an aptitude for administration. We are looking for a candidate with a “can do” approach and a willingness to go that extra mile to assist our clients.
- To provide an element of chargeable legal services by carrying out basic fee earning work under the supervision of the HOD;
- To deal with Clients and Contacts efficiently and sensitively on the telephone, answering queries or taking instructions wherever possible and taking accurate and comprehensive telephone messages for the HOD in line with the firm’s guidance on telephone and voicemail, and to deal helpfully with queries from internal or external callers;
- To undertake court duties such as issuing proceedings, attending hearings with Counsel and conducting non-complex hearings before a District Judge autonomously ensuring that all attendances are documented and recorded accurately.
- To maintain up-to-date filing systems to allow the HOD to find and use documents easily and efficiently and also assist generally with document management;
- To be responsible for the daily administration of matters including the reconciliation of accounts and preparation of cheques for signature by the HOD;
- To arrange meetings for the HOD and help her to prepare for meetings with Clients, Contacts or third parties, to manage her diary where appropriate and make any necessary travel arrangements;
- To produce accurate and well-presented correspondence to clients for approval by the HOD in line with the firm’s house style;
- To assist the HOD by preparing routine documents or basic legal documents for approval;
- To handle all Clients and others when the HOD is not available;
- To act on own initiative routinely where appropriate and to have a degree of responsibility and decision making;
- To understand and use the firm’s technology effectively, and to participate in appropriate training to develop skills further or to adopt new systems;
- To acquire a thorough knowledge of the workings of the firm in order to make effective use of all support departments;
- To assist the HOD with departmental administration including arranging necessary meetings and liaising with other members of the team as appropriate;
- To assist the HOD with the co-ordination of compliance issues throughout the department;
- To respect confidentiality at all times;
- To perform any other duties as requested by the Head of Department.