An outstanding opportunity has arisen within Forbes Solicitors, one of the largest law firms in the North, for a Paralegal within the Debt Recovery Department based at Oak House, Central Lancashire.
You will be working in a revamped department with a Debt Recovery offering. This is a busy department where you will be required to use your own initiative on a daily basis but also work as part of a team.
The role will include:-
- working in co-operation with other Fee Earners;
- typing letters, notes, memos and other documents;
- operating the debt recovery system
- assisting with general office admin and sending out of bills;
- dealing with clients/debtors by phone/in person;
- advising clients of the debt recovery procedures;
- taking payments where necessary.
The successful candidate will have:
- five GCSEs, including Maths - B and English Language - B
- further education qualifications – 3 B’s at A Level or equivalent
- Law degree/LPC or equivalent
- experience of working in the legal sector
- have the ability to work unsupervised and possess good self-motivation skills
- have the ability to work as part of a team and be reliable and enthusiastic
- possess good IT skills
- have the ability to touch type or undertake the Forbes’ touch typing training programme
- confident telephone manner and ability to handle cash and pay into cashiers
- knowledge of filing and other office procedures.
Full training will be provided.