We are looking to recruit a Litigation Assistant with previous paralegal experience to assist the team in Taunton with their busy caseload. The role will also assist our collateral warranty review team based in Taunton to review professional appointments and associated collateral warranties to check that they do not give rise to policy issues and advising accordingly.
Type of Clients:
Kennedys acts for more than 50 insurers in relation to professional indemnity claims for surveyors, architects, engineers, accountants, solicitors and other professionals.
Type of Cases:
- Defending professional indemnity claims against solicitors, barristers, accountants and insurance brokers.
- Defending professional indemnity claims against all construction professionals including architects, engineers, quantity surveyors and project managers, including delay and overspend claims.
- Defending over-valuation claims as a result of the credit crunch and in particular aspects of fraud. (Buy-to-lets, multimillion pound over valuations of both domestic and commercial properties).
- Advising on coverage and policy issues.
- Significant experience in alternative dispute resolution including mediation and adjudication.
- Ideally up to 6-12 months' paralegal experience gained within a legal environment.*
- Paralegal experience gained with litigation is desirable.
- Strong IT Skills.
Kennedys is a global law firm with over 1,900 people worldwide across 37 offices in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific and America.
We believe that supporting individual growth and development puts us in the best position to attract and retain talented individuals. Regardless of role or level, everyone has access to virtual learning opportunities to help you develop your skills when you need to, wherever you are in the world.
We value and support diversity as an equal opportunity employer. The environment we practice in is critical as individuals and as members of a cohesive team. We’ve created a culture based on client service, professional excellence, hard work and trust.
*Where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.