What will you be doing?
As a Paralegal you'll be handing, under supervision, defended litigation or complex matters within a consumer small claims environment. This means that you'll be really knowledgeable of legal issues around consumer credit and collections.
You'll ensure that all internal and external deadlines are managed and achieved, including court hearings and filing dates, so you'll work very well to deadlines and be strong with prioritisation.
Making recommendations concerning commercial and legal decisions about a case will also be an important part of your role, along with drafting legal documents, agreements, legal letters, and other correspondence. This means you'll be a confident decision maker and have top written and verbal communication skills.
* Actively contribute to our culture of 'doing the right thing'
* Remain compliant within the SRA regulations and industry best practice.
* Demonstrate that the client is at the heart of the business through their behaviours and mind-set
What will you need to bring?
* Sound technical knowledge of legal issues around consumer credit and collections
* Ability to identify and achieve creative solutions to problems and disputes
* Thoroughness and attention to detail
* Motivated and able to pro-actively manage cases on own initiative
* Ability to work under pressure and meet the deadlines
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and across all functions
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Understanding of SRA codes of conduct
* Understanding of FCA rules
* Consumer litigation environment, internal legal collections department, complaints or solicitors practice - desirable
You'll also need:
* GCSE Grade C Maths and English, equivalent, or qualified by experience
* Studying towards/achieved - Law degree, ILEX, LPC, BPTC - desirable
How we reward you:
* Competitive salary with annual bonus
* Contributory pension
* 3% flexible benefits - including Cycle to Work, critical illness, dental insurance, childcare vouchers, travel insurance, dining club, retail discounts and the option to buy up to one week's worth of holiday (subject to start date)