3 months ago
Privacy & Data Protection
Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services and energy & natural resources.
Our growing European network of offices supports an international client base alongside our Silicon Valley, Beijing and Shanghai teams. Among our clients, we count social media sites and high street coffee chains through to pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and FTSE 100 companies.
Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and experience, on time and on budget.
We have more than 600 lawyers spread over nine locations, all providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs. We operate across our offices in Amsterdam, Brussels, China, Paris, Germany, Italy, UK, and the US - Silicon Valley. In the UK, we have approximately 700 people working in the London, Manchester and Birmingham.
The firm is growing rapidly and its revenue for 2016/17 was £165 million. The UK accounts for approximately 70% of the headcount.
The Firm were named Law Firm of the Year at the British Legal Awards 2017 then again in 2018 at the Prestigious Legal Business Awards.
Our market-leading Privacy team is currently looking for 2 Paralegals to work on a range of data protection projects. This will include assisting clients to undertake organisational data mapping exercises, participating in data protection
impact assessment reviews, and customer / vendor contract reviews in order to identify and remediate potential GDPR compliance gaps.
The role will entail working with high profile clients across Fieldfisher's UK, European and Silicon Valley offices, and is ideal for a passionate team player who is keen to gain greater expertise and specialism in international data protection compliance work.
* Working alongside the Privacy team on a variety of GDPR compliance projects
* Assisting data protection impact assessment reviews
* Working with third party GDPR compliance tools to assess clients' GDPR compliance
* Reviewing customer and vendor contracts to identify potential GDPR compliance gaps
Key Skills & Experience
* Excellent academics
* LPC desirable
* Previous data protection experience gained through a similar role and negotiating contracts would be highly advantageous
* Strong commercial and pragmatic outlook. In-house experience preferred, but not essential.
* Strong IT skills including good knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
* Experience with third party compliance platforms (e.g. OneTrust, TrustArc etc.) desirable
* Excellent attention to detail and ability to work quickly, accurately and under pressure
* Excellent interpersonal skills
Fieldfisher aim to provide equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.
Fieldfisher recruitment processes are handled by our in house recruitment team. If you are an agency enquiring about partnering with us on recruitment, please direct your correspondence solely to the recruitment team and please do not submit speculative applications under any circumstances.