4 months ago
Practice group/Global Operations team:
Litigation & Dispute Mgmt
Type of Vacancy:
Full time/Part time:
Contract/Part time details:
About Eversheds Sutherland:
Eversheds Sutherland represents the combination of two firms with a shared culture and commitment to client service excellence. We are each known for our commercial awareness and industry knowledge and for providing innovative and tailored solutions for every client.
Increasing globalisation has changed the nature of business. It has also changed the type of advice our clients need. Eversheds Sutherland was formed with this in mind. As our clients expand globally, we are with them. Our lawyers around the globe are united by our vision, values and understanding of our clients’ businesses and their needs. They provide legal advice of the highest quality whether they are operating within country or across borders from our 61 offices in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and the United States.
We are looking for a bright and commercially-minded paralegal to provide support to the Financial Services Disputes & Investigations team in London.
You will provide support to the fee earners in the team who act for many of the world’s largest financial institutions on a wide variety of litigation matters and regulatory investigations in the financial services sector.
The unique structure of this team with civil, regulatory and criminal lawyers, as well as dedicated compliance professionals, means they can provide cross border, sector wide support to global banking and markets, commercial and retail banking, life and general insurance, funds and wealth management.
The Financial Services Disputes and Investigations (FSDI) group advises clients in three key areas of work in the financial services sector - financial services litigation, contentious regulatory work and white collar crime/fraud.
Skills and experience:
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Excellent customer service skills
• An eye for detail, strong organisational skills and able to take responsibility for own workload
• A law degree and/or LPC (or equivalent qualifications) would be an advantage
• Consistently positive attitude and ‘can do’ approach
• Confident, credible and adaptable
• Efficient, commercial and able to think laterally
• Proven experience working as part of a team
• Very good IT, communication and organisational skills
• Pragmatic, robust and resourceful, with the ability to adapt quickly to different situations and personalities
We’re a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we’ve built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive culture of genuine equality and diversity and we’re happy to help with any reasonable adjustments you may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.