9 months ago
(9am-5.30pm Monday to Friday)
Shoosmiths - UK Law Firm of the Year Winner at the Legal Week British Legal Awards 2015.
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve “Gold Standard” Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.
Our Recoveries Services Group provides a complete range of debt recovery services utilising cutting edge technology and with specialists dealing with different debt types, all operating under a centralised management structure allowing us to deliver consistently excellent service. Our structure ensures we can provide a full range of volume recoveries and litigation options, whilst ensuring that we have the expertise and experience to deal with complex and technical issues arising from volume recoveries.
The team deals with everything from pre-legal collections to complex defended litigation and insolvency, using the firm’s sophisticated case management system. Whilst the team is experienced in dealing with volume referrals from its commercial clients, the processes used are tailored to the individual clients needs and delivered with personal service.
* Work with your team to recover monies owed to our clients
* Use a Case Management System to produce, store and diarise activity on each case
* Negotiate to achieve amicable settlement via both telephone and written correspondence
* Work within a strictly regulated, compliance driven environment
* Take client instructions, and ensure that information is clearly communicated between the parties as required
* Various administrative duties to meet client requirements
Skills and qualifications
* Excellent academic record, studied to degree level and ideally the LPC completed.
* At least 6 months paralegal experience, ideally in recoveries services and/or litigation. Other commercial areas will be considered.
* Self-confidence and ability to use initiative.
* Strong time management and organisational skills
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. These checks will include employment references covering the last 5 years, proof of ID, proof of address covering the last 5 years, Personnel Vetting credit search (which will only highlight insolvency or County Court Judgments - should any adverse data show on the Personnel Vetting search then any offer of employment made will be withdrawn).Terrorism Check (against data supplied by the Bank of England) and a DBS check previously known as a Criminal Records check.
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.