10 days ago
Asset Finance Team
Our London asset finance team is widely regarded as a leader in complex domestic and cross-border asset financings, working as an integral part of our global asset finance group, based throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Our award winning team advises clients on all major classes of asset and type of structure, with particular strength in the transport sector. As a core focus for our practice, we combine our strong financing experience with an in-depth knowledge of the transport sector, delivering a bespoke service to shipping/offshore oil and gas, aviation and rail clients across the globe.
We remain the only practice with market leading strength in each of the aviation, shipping/offshore oil and gas and rail sectors. We continue to be involved in the financing of every form of transportation worldwide. We work closely with our clients to assist in the development of new and innovative legal and financing structures and techniques, using our market leading skills in all forms of finance.
Tier 1 – Asset Financing and Leasing: Legal 500
Band 1 – Asset Finance – UK Wide: Chambers and Partners
You will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of complex transactions from termsheet stage through to post-closing. This is a busy transactional department and presents the perfect opportunity to gain some excellent legal experience at one of the most highly regarded firm in the City.
Key aspects of the role are:
* Reviewing and commenting on draft documents
* Collating comments received on documents, assisting in amending documents and proof reading
* Matter management
* Completing client due diligence checklists
* Assisting with closings (preparation of execution versions, managing closing processes)
* Conducting discrete research assignments
Skills and Experience Required
* Evidence of previous paralegal experience, ideally gained within a City law firm
* Must have LLB law (or non-law degree) and either passed the CPE, LPC, BVC, LLM or equivalent
* High levels of computer literacy and competence
* Proven forward planning skills and the ability to manage own workload and prioritise workloads effectively
* Research skills, particularly internet research
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Flexibility and a flexible approach to working hours
* Excellent personal presentation, articulate and professional
* Positive, committed and prepared to use initiative and learn
* Ability to take responsibility
* Ability to deal with people at all levels
* Good attention to detail and problem solver
* Excellent attention to detail
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact Kirran Gill.