4 months ago
Knowledge, Information and Learning are Linklaters’ key assets and, as such, need to be developed and exploited in order to generate further value for the firm. The Knowledge Advisor role is a key part of the K&L team with responsibility providing PA and secretarial support to the Global Head of K&L and members of the K&L Leadership Team.
Providing proactive, efficient and effective PA support to the Global Head of K&L and Head of Information & Research.
Managing and co-ordinating K&L, K&I and GILT meetings and events.
Supporting and co-ordinating K&L News.
Ownership of K&L administration such as distribution lists and organisation charts.
Support for K&L best practice in DocExplorer.
Key responsibilities and challenges
• Managing the diary of the Global Head of K&L to ensure that her time can be forward planned, and important meetings can be identified.
• Proactive support in planning and briefing for specific important events (such as the business planning and budgeting process or training events)
• Provide secretarial and administrative assistance to the Head of Information & Research and other members of the senior K&L management team as required. This will include organising meetings and extensive diary management, making travel arrangements, managing emails, document production and document management, arranging any K&L training or social events.
• Liaise and coordinate activities for the K&L leadership team including secretariat and agenda management for K&L Leadership and GILT meetings.
K&L Team Administration
• Arrange team meetings, events and briefings.
• Manage bookings for regular K&L meetings including room bookings
• Provide operational support for the management of large K&L events.
• Co-ordinate K&L DocExplorer folders and sharing of key information.
• Maintain up to date local and global distribution lists and organisation charts, plus Team Directory with any global K&L staff changes, plus maintain K&L wiki page information.
• Assist with the process of obtaining signatures for urgent payment orders and similar items.
• Support for K&L Programme Manager with office and other moves and any desk allocation for office visits.
• Provide ad hoc administrative support to members of the K&L team when required.
• Work collaboratively with Learning & Development PA to ensure K&L as a whole is supported.
• Co-ordination of K&L News
• Post relevant communications to the K&L Blogs (In the Know, Learning Link, PSL Blog)
• Join and participate in the K&L Yammer group
Training and Technology
• Support the team with good practice in using LiveMeeting, Word, PowerPoint and Omnis Communicate.
• Assist team members with presentations requiring use of these technologies
Excellent attention to detail
Approachable, flexible and open to new ways of working
Efficient, calm and patient
Able to perform under pressure
Education / Qualification
College level education
Previous experience working for senior management in a professional services company
Articulate and confident in communicating at all levels
Good Email drafting skills
Excellent MS Office skills