9 months ago
Closing Date: 12/01/2018
We are seeking an Operations Assistant to join our rapidly growing business. You will be part of a large dedicated team who form the core of our support operations. We are looking for a proactive, efficient and organised individual with excellent attention to detail. You’ll be providing general assistance including processing all outgoing and internal post, sorting and facilitating delivery of incoming mail to departments, logging faxes, assisting with filing and other general administrative support. This is a busy, physically active role, requiring the ability to switch between tasks quickly to support a dynamic internal customer base.
The basic purpose of the job and its primary objectives:
To ensure that all post is dealt with efficiently and effectively and all departmental mail is placed on the appropriate files accurately and as quickly as possible.
* Open all incoming post and facilitate delivery to the correct departments and individuals.
* Ensure that all incoming faxes are logged and delivered to the relevant individual in a timely manner.
* Assist with filing across all floors and assisting Fee Earners when required.
* Provide regular collections of post throughout the day from trays provided on each floor.
* Franking and sending of the firm’s outgoing post via Royal Mail, DX’s and special delivery.
* Processing all outgoing and internal post.
* Delivering by hand to local courts and any extra deliveries required around the city centre.
* Using the fax machine, letter opener, franking machine and weighing machine.
* Ensure all the floors have a sufficient amount of paper and distribute paper and letterhead to all floors.
* Identify and distribute no refs.
* Retrieving archive files when requested.
* Responding to queries quickly and efficiently.
* The job holder will also be required to deal with any ad hoc duties which may arise within the post room.
* Willingness to work flexibly to meet business needs
* Able to work within a team
* Competent use of Microsoft Office
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to adapt to change
* One year’s experience gained within a comparable environment is desirable, but not essential, as full training will be provided