4 months ago
Position Title: London On-site IT Support Manager
DF Job Level: Expert/Manager
Location: Based in London but covering multiple offices
Reports To: Senior Manager - IT Service Delivery
Team: Service Delivery
Internal Clients: All attorneys / staff members
On-site Support Supervisors
On-site Support Analysts/Senior Analysts
The On-site Support Manager is responsible for all procedures related to the identification, prioritisation, and resolution of end user requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of on-site IT support functions. The role will also take the lead in driving improvements in on-site support processes and performance both at the office level and more generally.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
* Coach and mentor support team.
* Monitor daily workflow and workload of support team.
* Manage people or team related issues.
* Provide ongoing performance feedback and appraisals for the support team.
* Analyse performance of support activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
* Manage the processing of incidents assigned to the On-site Support Team to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution.
* Ensure the business is informed about current technology issues.
* Collaborate with other IT functions to ensure efficient operation of the deskside computing environment.
* Enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
* Coordinate hands-on fixes at the deskside support level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
* Monitor fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
* Coordinate on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed
* Receive and respond to incoming escalation calls and/or e-mails regarding deskside support problems.
* Maintain and uphold procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring on-site IT operations
* Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
* Project Management of on-site IT support/office level projects.
* Any other tasks and projects as required.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
* Demonstrated management experience
* Extensive stakeholder support experience.
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Good technical knowledge of desktop hardware and software
* Working knowledge of current protocols, systems and standards.
* Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
* Ability to produce non technical procedural documentation for users.
In cases where there are team members in more than one office, occasional travel between the offices is expected.
In cases where support needs to be provided in languages other than English, proficiency in English is also required.
Flexibility to work on projects and tasks outside of business hours and in weekends to ensure minimal disruption to the business will be necessary from time to time.
Why Join Us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of an 800 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
* Acritas’ Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index, 2016 - ranked 1st/Brand Index: 100
* The Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17: currently ranked 66th
* The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2016: currently ranked 57th
* Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2017: currently ranked 7th
* Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards 2016: Five awards: Most Innovative International Firm for Women, Best International Firm for pro bono work, Best in tax, Best in Employment and Overall Outstanding Female Practitioner Award
Please click on the icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to online, please contact the Recruitment Team on eitheror email
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Aylin Berenti, Recruitment Officer, onor emailPlease note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie has a culture of diversity and inclusion in its DNA – since our beginning, the differences of our people have helped us to work fluently across borders, cultures and practices. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Baker McKenzie's vision to be the global law firm of choice. We understand that organisations work best when people with different backgrounds and points of view are brought together. We also know people perform at their best when they can be themselves at work. Baker McKenzie is committed to serving our clients with innovative solutions brought about by a diverse talent pool and an inclusive community.
The London office mirrors the wider firm in encouraging the best people, regardless of race, culture, religion or belief (if any), gender, gender identity and expression, disability, sexual orientation or age, to fulfil their professional aspirations with us so as to create an exciting and diverse legal environment.