9 months ago
Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services, energy & natural resources, life sciences and media.
Our growing European network of offices supports an international client base alongside our Silicon Valley and China colleagues. We also work in a number of other jurisdictions through dedicated country teams.
Among our clients we count social media sites and high street coffee chains as well as pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and technology leaders.
Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and experience, on time and on budget.
Our network has more than 1000 people working across 20 offices providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs.
We operate across our offices in Amsterdam, Beijing, Belfast, Birmingham, Bologna, Brussels, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, London, Luxembourg, Manchester, Munich, Milan, Paris, Rome, Shanghai, Turin, Venice and Silicon Valley.
In 2017, Fieldfisher was named Law Firm of the Year in Western Germany at the Juve Awards, and Law firm of the Year at the British Legal Awards. 2018 saw Fieldfisher named Law Firm of the year at the Legal Business Awards 2018.
Fieldfisher's Condor Alternative Legal Solutions won the award for ‘New Business and Service Delivery Models’ at the FT Innovative Lawyers Europe Awards 2017. Fieldfisher also won Personal Injury Team of the Year at the Solicitors Journal Awards 2017.
We are looking for a dynamic experienced lawyer with a proven track record in handling oil and gas sector focused transactional documents and commercial agreements. The lawyer will join our established oil and gas team to help build upon the success that over 50 years in this sector brings. As you would expect our clients are drawn from a wide cross section of industry players which operate in the upstream, midstream and downstream, with business interests reaching across 4 continents. Being part of the Oil and Gas group is to be among a much larger team of sector specialists found within Corporate, Finance and Banking; Construction and Dispute Resolution providing a breadth of support to handle complex projects.
Recent examples of the work the team has been handling includes public and private M&A on the UKCS, in Europe, Africa and Latin America. UKCS and Latin America development work and African JV work. Because our clients are the type that like to get up close to their lawyers the team frequently advise on early stage dispute resolution, environmental and UK regulatory compliance including that on anti-bribery and on payments to governments.
Due to continued Firm growth we are looking to recruit a highly motivated lawyer that can market the expertise of the Team and who will not only serve the clients we have, but is prepared to meet and win the confidence of companies active in this sector.
Working closely with the partners and involving high levels of direct client contact, the work will include:
* A blend of upstream, midstream and downstream joint venture and development work
* Leading on M&A work that may have strong international characteristics for both UK and non-UK clients
* Advising on offtake arrangements;
* Responding to clients operational issues and providing legal and commercial advice
* To work on wider energy projects as client demand dictates.
Key Skills & Experience
* Broad oil and gas commercial experience with a high level of familiarity with the principal JV and field development contracts;
* Experience of public and private M&A in the oil & gas sector, including farmins;
* Experience with government concession agreements and production sharing arrangements;
* Close familiarity with the UK offshore and onshore oil sector and relationships within organisations;
* A confident and professional manner with an eye for detail and the ability to work as part of a team or independently
* A highly motivated lawyer that can promote and market the Team, that can develop ideas and opportunities
Fieldfisher aims to ensure equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.