6 months ago
Practice group/Global Operations team:
Type of Vacancy:
Full time/Part time:
Contract/Part time details:
About Eversheds Sutherland:
Our Birmingham team is seeking to recruit a Residential Development Associate to specialise in residential development work. Working predominantly on land acquisitions for residential development, this leading residential property team are nationally renowned for their expertise. This is an exciting opportunity for a commercial property solicitor to join a leading national practice, working on complex and high calibre work for national house builder clients across the UK.
This role is ideally suited to a Real Estate Associate from NQ to 4 years’ post-qualification experience with experience in residential property development and an interest in land acquisition for residential development purposes related work and acting for national house builders.
Associates applying for this position can expect to work for a team led by partners who are held in the highest regard across this sector for their expertise and the quality of their work. The role will encompass all aspects of residential development work; including land acquisitions and disposals (short term and longer term strategic land), promotion agreements, regeneration, affordable housing, infrastructure and reversionary sales, as well as more general real estate work.
Skills and experience:
• The ideal candidate will possess strong academic qualifications and be able to demonstrate legal experience in residential development work.
• The candidate will be able to show a track record as a team player and a good communicator with a strong practical approach to their workload.
• This will be an ideal opportunity for an individual that relishes a challenge.
• You should be able to demonstrate an enthusiasm for the residential development sector and for this type of work, be highly motivated and show commitment to giving the highest level of service to clients and colleagues.
• Ideally, you should be able to demonstrate an excellent academic record and training, commercial awareness, attention to detail and a strong team-work ethic.
A band of PQE as advertised on a role does not preclude applications from those candidates that may have more or less PQE. Our intention is only to indicate a guideline as to how long we would expect a qualified lawyer to have practised so as to have gained the necessary skills for the role as described.
In addition to the above, Eversheds Sutherland also require awareness of and full participation in the Firm’s commitment to equality and diversity, the environment and health and safety.
We're a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
Eversheds Sutherland endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Eversheds Sutherland operates within a preferred supplier list. CVs from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list will not be considered.