4 months ago
NQ – 5 PQE, Medical Law Solicitor, Birmingham
Our market leading medical law team provides advice and support to healthcare organisations, in particular NHS clients, in inquests, court of protection matters, challenges to treatment decisions, health and safety and general clinical practice.
We are a team of 15 lawyers based across Bristol, London and Birmingham. We take pride in providing high quality support to our clients which is clear, user-friendly and responsive.
A vacancy has arisen for an NQ – 5 PQE Solicitor to join our team in Birmingham. The role will involve advising clients on a range of healthcare issues, both contentious and non-contentious. There will be a requirement to represent clients at inquests, and provide advice on mental capacity and mental health law; best interests and Court of Protection matters.
The individual will need the following skill set:
* General healthcare law experience
* Advocacy experience
* Previous inquest experience is desirable but not essential
* An understanding of mental health and mental capacity law, health and safety practice and Court of Protection matters is desirable but not essential
* Previous experience managing and successfully building client relationships
* A team player, with the temperament to form strong and sustained working partnerships with partners, colleagues and more junior members of the team
* Practical and commercial approach
* Organised, lateral thinker with an eye for detail
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter.