Tester / PMO / Software Development / Manchester / Permanent / £30,000 - £35,000
Non Functional Tester - Manchester
This is an opportunity to join a Tech focussed law firm that has made significant investment in its IT department. Based in Manchester this successful national Law firm has embraced the need to grow its services through effective IT utilisation. As a result, it has many IT projects in process which need thorough testing to ensure the required standard is met and they currently have an opportunity for a Non Functional Tester to join the team.
The role requires close partnership with Development, MI and Training functions plus end users in order to ensure effective product development and release.
The main role requirements are:
- Working closely with the PMO, IT and internal stakeholders to define project testing needs, resource planning and desired outcomes. Ensuring these requirements are clearly documented.
- Embracing a collaborative approach with other IT dept teams including developers, project managers, business analysts etc.
- Using appropriate methods such as stress, performance, non-functional, security and usability testing to fully test and QA new and modified software.
- Ensuring appropriate, effective project testing phases are planned and implemented - writing and executing test plans and scripts and running manual and automated tests.
- Providing factual, documented feedback to software development and project teams.
- Splitting time between multiple projects and ensuring all maintain progress through the testing phase
- Providing clear feedback of testing results to technical and non-technical colleagues
- Supporting the IT and PMO values/working practices by ensuring planning, communication, implementation and delivery adhere to their principles.
- Continually keep aware of new technologies, methodologies, principles etc and share/recommend possible alternative approaches with the team
- Job title: Non Functional Tester
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: £30000 - £35000 - Experience dependent
- Other Benefits: Private Healthcare, subsidised gym membership.
- Reports to: Head of IT
- Previous Experience: Demonstrable experience in a Test Analyst / Non Functional Tester role in a busy IT dept.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The role of a Non Functional Tester requires an experienced individual with:
- A proven record as a Test Analyst / Non Functional Tester in a comparable role.
- An ability to successfully communicate technological terms to those less IT savvy
- The confidence to communicate with senior members of the team and Firm,
- A focus on building trust between IT teams and within the department as a whole.
- An approach that fosters a supportive and innovative environment that strives to solve problems
- An organised, structured approach to work utilising effective time management skills.
Without doubt, this firm is one of the most successful practices operating in the Manchester area in their specialist groups with a focus on investing in legal technology to ensure it maintains a leading edge in its fields. It manages to do this while maintaining a friendly and down-to-earth work environment.