10 months ago
Network Security Analyst
THE ROLE & KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
* Ability to understand and take responsibility for a broad spectrum of security technologies across infrastructure and applications
* Recognises and responds to the priority and urgency of incidents and vulnerabilities takes ownership and drives through resolutions
* Adept at influencing resources across operational and project activities and making the most effective and efficient use of those resources
* Engages with security vendors and suppliers, attending and contributing towards security initiatives and driving improvement plans
* Take responsibility for the efficient and effective delivery of all in-scope security across Infrastructure and application services across the estate
* Takes ownership of serious and major security related incidents, focusses on restoration of service and removing security vulnerabilities
* Takes a proactive approach to security management using all available monitoring sources for exposing vulnerabilities addressing and eliminating known and potential threats
* Provides key liaison between Production Support, IT Security and Information Security teams, tracking and managing security risks and vulnerabilities
* Tenacious in uncovering and eliminating root cause of security related issues
* Ability to foster good working relationships with and across teams, working in a collaborative an inclusive manner to improve team communications
* Hands on security activities across networking and infrastructure environments.
* Represents networks in operational and project activities across networking infrastructure, including LAN, WAN, routers, switches, F5, firewalls etc.
* Escalation point for all network related operational security incidents, threats and vulnerabilities, managing tasks and driving through resolutions
* Monitoring & reporting, ensuring environment is regularly and comprehensively monitored, concerns and security risks mitigated, regular and ad hoc reports produced as required.
* Ensuring environment is patched and protected from security threats, undertake regular reviews, identify and eliminate security risks.
* Participate in operational technology checks and controls, identify anomalies working with various teams to mitigate and reduce risks
* Work closely with the IT Security Management team to contribute to the development of the longer term IT security strategy
* Regularly attend the Change Advisory Board (CAB) ensuring all changes and admin tasks met the specified processes
* Become recognised as the SME for all operational security, initiatives, threats and vulnerability management within 6-12 months
Skills, experience and qualifications
* Extensive network security background with at least 5 years in a complex, multisite, global organisation, delivering and supporting network security appliances.
* Dedicated hands-on security role in large corporate enterprise with responsibilities for a broad range of security devices, applications, tools and services.
* Previous management experience of DMZ devices and tools, including firewalls, proxy servers, IDS, rule-base management etc.
* Comprehensive understanding of certificate and encryption technologies, anti-virus software and content filtering
* Knowledge of current and emerging technologies and protocols in security and networking areas including tools and cyber threat management
* SOC/SIEM experience, with good experience in threat and vulnerability remediation & incident management response.
* Working knowledge of the following technologies, TCP/IP, inc IP classes, subnets, multicast, NAT, WINS.DNS,DHCP
* Good understanding of MS OS & server technologies including patch management technologies and processes
* Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods
* Strong understanding of endpoint security solutions, to include file integrity monitoring and data loss prevention.
* Ability to work with network management tools, traffic analysis, including packet capture, netflow etc.
* Able to deliver outstanding service in a high-pressure environment working in a large organisation.
* Able to analyse business and system security threats and issues and communicate them effectively at all levels of the firm.
* Proven ability to interpret complex information and provide informed analysis.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including effective verbal and written communication, and strong influencing and networking skills.
* Positive attitude towards customer service, and demonstrates clear business focus and desire to work.
* Strong teamwork skills and able to work under own initiative when required.
* Demonstrates tenacity and resolve in pursuing critical outcomes.
* Patience and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
* Can do attitude, focused on meeting deadlines on high quality deliverables.
* CCNA qualified, working towards CISSP SSCP desired
Group / Team
Group / Team description
Innovative, efficient and effective IT systems are essential to the successful operation of a global law firm like Herbert Smith Freehills. The information technology team keeps our global team of lawyers and Business Services staff connected, whether we're in the office or on the move.
Information technology is responsible for everything information systems-related. That includes:
• technical support: IT helpdesks, asset management (including laptops and mobile devices) and technical training
• infrastructure: networks and systems, servers (real and virtualised), disaster recovery, business continuity and IT security
• innovation and technology: driving the increasingly important adoption of technology in new ways
• development: designing and acquiring business applications.
While the roles within the division may vary, all involve providing the very best services and systems. You may also have the opportunity to work on challenging projects across the firm.
Apply to job