MOJ RTA Portal Fee Earner
Our client a leading Law Firm in Merseyside is looking for a MOJ Portal Fee Earner with experience of Stage 1,2 and 3 of the Portal.
The successful candidate will join an established team with an excellent reputation, within a firm that specialise in personal injury.
The RTA department is incredibly busy and you’d be entrusted with your own caseload of pre-litigated claims from the off, predominantly MOJ Portal matters at stages 2 and 3.
The ideal candidate
- Understanding and experience of KPIs – settlements, billing, case duration etc.
- Committed organised and dedicated – able to cope with pressure
- The ability to manage own workload whilst keeping quality of work to a high standard.
- Able to handle infant approvals
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- A Proclaim user with a good understanding of the system and good Microsoft skills
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
- 24 Months + MOJ Portal experience through stages 1, 2 and 3
- Comfortable handling a full caseload of RTA Portal claims of varying stages to conclusion
- Full understanding of the PI process
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to work within the team and are comfortable assisting more experienced Fee Earners
- To help identify continuous improvement to the operational function with regards to process, commercial and tactical practice
- Support the continuous improvement and ongoing development of an automated, lean and efficient case workflow, under the overarching aim of reducing operational costs and shortening case duration times
- Maintain good professional working relationships with external institutions and organisations.
- Adhere to and to promote compliance to the professional Code of Conduct; to the firm’s policies, practices and procedures as set down in the firm’s Office Manual; to legislation applicable to the profession and to any relevant quality standards.
- Through training and other means, to keep fully up to date with relevant legislation and practice.
- To assist in the smooth transition of cases (‘right file, right fee-earner’) in particular by identifying any cases which might be subject to a non-fixed costs regime that could be dealt with in a more profitable area.
- Managing a caseload of RTA Portal claims using an automated, lean and efficient case workflow to achieve the best possible outcome for the client and the firm.
- To adopt a culture of clear, consistent and full data provision within the working environment.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all firm and client documentation and information.
- Maintain high standards in the processing of client work, both in respect of professional standards and client care.
- To understand and meet stated operational measures for the role (KPI’s).
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.
ACS Recruitment Consultants Ltd are the market leader within Legal Recruitment and we specialise in the placement of Qualified Solicitors, Legal Executives, Paralegals, Legal Secretaries and Support Staff at all levels.