7 months ago
Posted on February 1, 2018
Partner or a Senior Associate
Banking & Finance
Banking and finance is at the heart of every economy, providing the means to help businesses expand and investors grow. Dentons’ Banking and Finance team operates at the industry’s forefront, working with innovative finance products across the world.
Our integrated global team of Banking and Finance lawyers and professionals offers an expansive breadth of insight, helping our clients to structure and document transactions that help to provide financing to virtually every industry. Since Dentons represents both finance providers and users, our clients benefit from counsel that understands the needs and wants of each party. Whether it is a domestic bank in Hong Kong, a government development bank in Moscow, or banks in several other locations, our team understands our clients.
Dentons’ extensive, deep sector-specific experience also ensures they are working with a team that’s fluent in our client's language and understands the local market. In fact, emerging jurisdictions often engage Dentons to assist in the development of banking and finance legislative frameworks.
Purpose of role
We are looking for a paralegal to join our highly rated Banking & Finance teams. The successful candidate will assist in providing a wide range of support to our transactional banking teams across a wide variety of transactions, including:
* Leveraged finance, real estate finance, general corporate lending and global syndicated lending
* DCM, structured finance and derivatives
* Asset finance, project finance and commodities and trade finance
* Our Banking & Finance teams work with (among others) banks and financial institutions, airlines and aircraft lessors, commodities trading houses and sponsors on energy and infrastructure projects and other borrowers. They also collaborate with experts throughout the wider firm and across Dentons' international offices.
* Assisting with various aspects of transaction management including collating, checking documents and providing updates to Partners, Senior Associates, Associates and other team members
* Closing and conditions precedent lists
* Supporting a range of due diligence activities
* Assisting lawyers on completions, filings in respect of security and preparing post-completion transaction reports and completion bibles
* Assisting with basic drafting of condition precedent documents (including board minutes, directors' certificates, notices required to be delivered under certain documents)
* Dealing with other ad hoc queries and tasks
Required experience, skills and attributes
* Paralegal experience ideally on banking or corporate transaction
* A qualification in law (Degree, Graduate Diploma in Law/Legal Practice Course) or equivalent
* Confidence to deal effectively with professionals across the firm and externally
* Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
* The ability to prioritise and multi-task, particularly when working under pressure and to tight deadlines
* A methodical approach to work with a strong focus on accuracy
* Self - motivation and the ability to work in a team
* Willingness to work beyond the core business hours to meet clients' expectations.
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities. In light of our recent combination, Mandarin language fluency would be particularly advantageous given that China is now core to our strategy.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.
Diversity & Inclusion
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all and encouraging diversity. This is right for our staff and for our business.
Our promotion of diversity helps us achieve our aims: by creating and maintaining a firm-wide culture of inclusion, the unique talents and potential of all our workforce can be recognised, encouraged and supported.
Diversity and Inclusion are becoming increasingly important to our clients and many now seek appropriate assurance that we match their own corporate aspirations in this regard.
We are proud that in the Firm's most recent staff engagement survey 78% of respondents felt that we have an inclusive culture which respects individual differences and that everyone is given equal opportunities for career development.