6 months ago
Venn Group - Birmingham
£40 - £50 Per Hour
Location: West Midlands
PQE 5, PQE 6-9, PQE 10+
Property Litigation, Local Government
Category: Lawyer Jobs
A Public Sector organisation in the West Midlands region is currently recruiting for a Locum Property Lawyer to assist in a large Rail Project, likely to be for an interim period of 3-6 months.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
* Delivering expert legal advice and support in relation to land and property, CPO processes and procedures, grant funding and partnership agreements predominantly in relation to rail projects
* Comply with corporate land and property requirements.
* Deliver efficient and effective risk management of legal issues
* Ensure that requirements for legal advice relating to contracts, grand and funding agreements and partnership/collaboration agreements are met
* Assist in ensuring that all legal resources are maintained and utilised effectively and that best practice principles are observed
* To give and procure advice and legal support in relation to rail related projects including general matters, planning and highways
* To assist in the preparation and progression of compulsory purchase orders and orders under the Transport and Works Act 1992 and other statutory procedures.
* To oversee the completion of all legal work on property acquisitions, disposals, easements, licences and landlord and tenant matters for such projects.
* To advise upon the progression and completion of negotiations on compulsory acquisitions, settlement of compensation claims, the preparation of evidence and background information for public inquiries and Upper Tribunal ( Lands Chamber) cases
Applications are welcomed from qualified Lawyers with demonstrable post qualification experience dealing with legal matters in relation to rail development projects, Network Rail Industry Standard Commercial Agreements, compulsory purchase and land and property law.
Whilst this is a full time position, part time applications and flexible working hours will also be considered.
To apply please contact Lauren Watts or Emma Walker onor
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group aim to deliver the highest standards and have been accredited with IIP and ISO accreditation, so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.
27 days ago
only 1 day until close
24 days ago
only 4 days until close
14 days ago
only 14 days until close