4 months ago
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Criminal Litigation Locum to join a Local Authority in the East Midlands and it is commutable from the Northern Home Counties. The contract is to start as soon as possible and is expected to run for 3 months initially, with the potential for extension.
The client is looking for a strong Litigator who has experience of dealing with a caseload of Criminal Litigation matters.
Possible day-to-day duties may include:
* Prosecuting all criminal matters including Environmental Act and Education Act prosecutions
* Dealing with stop orders, injunctions and full trials
* Appearing in Crown, Magistrates and County Court for the local authority in all advocacy matters
* Undertaking personal injury briefs filed against the authority
* Preparing and presenting possession actions, possession trials and enforcement actions
* Undertaking fast track trials for all grounds of eviction, including section 84A applications having close contact with criminal enforcement agencies
* Developing broad case management skills including dealing with matters relating to planning, licensing, trading laws as well as all criminal prosecutions and civil claims
* Providing general advice on matters relating to leasehold property in the Borough, Localism Act & Case law
* Prosecuting for Local Authorities in the Crown, Magistrate Courts and County Court proceedings including trials, enforcements and applications
* Undertaking Judicial Review preparations for the High Court and defending applications from the Circuit Judge at the High Court by way of Judicial Review including trials, enforcements and applications
This role is offering an attractive daily rate depending on experience but we have been advised that they are hoping to pay up to £280 per day. Our client is ideally looking to secure a suitable candidate on a full-time basis, and there is also the potential for flexible working hours and some homeworking may be offered.
Applications are welcome from qualified Solicitors, Barristers, Legal Executives and non-qualified Lawyers who have the relevant experience working within a Local Government organisation.
For further information, please contact Philippa Turner or Hannah Fritz-Lewis on. Or alternatively . We look forward to your application.
Venn Group aim to deliver the highest standards, so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
Venn Group acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
28 days ago
only 9 hours until close
23 days ago
only 5 days until close
17 days ago
only 11 days until close