Job Title: Locum Conveyancer
Locations: NEWCASTLE - (also – Manchester, Northampton, Leicester or HOME - BASED)
Salary: £25K - £35K – Pro -Rata
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE OF HANDLING 80+ MIXED SALE/PURCHASE AND OTHER MIXED CONVEYANCING FILES
You will be working as a part time conveyancer supporting high volume residential conveyancing environment as well as supporting other areas of the business where required (Completions team, Technical team and Registrations)
You should be able to:
- Support the running of a substantial caseload and perform a full range of tasks;
- Act independently when establishing priorities and managing deadlines;
- Work well within a team;
- Utilise your extensive experience and knowledge of residential conveyancing;
- Assist team members as and when required;
- Communicate, and build, relationships with clients and third parties in a professional and knowledgeable manner;
- Provide excellent customer service; and
- Assist the team to ensure company targets are met.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
In this role you will operate by providing support to the areas of business in need of assistance during peak or times of high demand. Tasks that you will be responsible for as CCT member include but is not limited to:
- Providing Locum cover for a specific conveyancer carrying a significant caseload- maintain client service, progress files accurately and professionally and work with the Conveyancing manager to push conversion
- Cover for a conveyancing team offering support where required- this could include unplanned absence, specific team tasks and assisting with conversion for the team
- Provide support to the Registrations department where required- assist with Land Registry Requisitions, investigate and collate data for reporting purposes, provide absence cover where required
- Provide support to the Technical team- provide absence cover where required or assist with technical Purchase and Sale enquiries
- Collating or checking Completion indents accurately and highlighting any compliance or business risk issues
Day to Day Tasks:
- Complete tasks efficiently, accurately and within specified timescales, such as:
- Supporting the management of a substantial caseload of freehold and leasehold transactions including new build, unregistered and shared ownership properties.
- Processing and dealing with post in a timely manner.
- Checking contract documentation, mortgage offers and search results.
- Replying to complex legal enquiries.
- Resolving complex queries which are raised on files by colleagues, both onshore and offshore, and third parties.
- Understand and produce accurate financial statements.
- Understand the ledgers within Visual Files & Practice Manager.
- Dealing with exchange of contracts and completion of transactions.
- Processing tasks such as:
- Conflict of Interest letters, cares calls to the client, contract checks, mortgage reports and search results, replying to freehold and leasehold enquiries.
- Daily task list management.
- Identifying, monitoring and achieving targets on a monthly basis by using Management Information Reports such as Case Referral and Phone Manager.
- Utilise Management Information reports for housekeeping of files.
- Recognising potential risks and when to report them to a senior member.
- Work to and maintain Service Level Agreements
- We require some flexibility in this part time role with regards to working hours. The core hours are Mon-Fri from 9am - 5pm, however shifts outside of these hours such as 10-6pm, 11-7pm & 12-8pm may be required as deemed necessary
- Manage telephone calls.
- Understand and report on complex legal issues and documentation.
- Actively communicating with clients, recommenders, conveyancers, agents and third parties. This will include communication in person, in writing, or by telephone.
- Ability to check, draft and produce accurate comprehensive documentation for clients, professional persons and third parties.
You should be able to:
- Assists team members with their workload when required.
- Develop working relationships with team members and third parties and maintain them over time.
- Work closely with the Training Department to identify ongoing training requirements.
- Shows willingness to learn however recognise limits of ability and when to seek advice.
- A team player.
- Self-motivated with a positive outlook.
- Remains calm under pressure.
- Adaptable and embraces change.
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined.
- Empathic communicator with tact and diplomacy.
- Understands dynamics of working within a team.
- Enthusiastic and committed.
- Approachable, well presented and professional.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to:
- Coach and mentor others;
- Prioritise and manage your time; and
- Deal with people from all backgrounds.
- Excellent problem-solving and research skills.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Ability to step up, when senior members of staff are absent.
- Exercise independent judgment to identify and take alternative courses of action, without putting the client or business at risk.