A new locum opportunity has arisen in East Anglia for a Commercial Contracts & Procurement Lawyer with a local authority legal team.
This is an ongoing, full time assignment. Part time applications will still be considered but on a case by case basis.
The post holder will join a team of experienced lawyers and advise on wide ranging and complex matters including: construction, buildings, engineering, utilities, major infrastructure, roads, rail, waste, demolition, industrial and retail, education, information and data protection.
Duties will include:
- Drafting and negotiating a range of agreements, including: collaboration, partnership, funding, affiliation, and shared services agreements, joint ventures etc.
- Advising on procurement law matters, including: EU public procurement directives, public contracts regulations, governance, social care and health, IT, framework agreements, OJEU notices, ITT and commissioning
- Handling social care and health commercial matters including: procurement advice, tender documentation, housing projects, contract management, suspension/termination notices and national health services act agreements
- Providing a legal service with regards to State Aid and competition
To be successful in this post you will need:
- A qualification as a solicitor, barrister or legal executive
- Thorough knowledge of contract law, local government law, EU regulations, TUPE, best value and partnering concepts
- Significant experience of advising on, drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts, including standard service and maintenance contracts and building and engineering contracts.
- Evidence of ability to analyse, problem-solve and manage complex matters at a senior level without supervision and to work closely with other council officers and members
Hourly rate is negotiable dependent upon experience but as a guideline a bracket of £35 - £45 per hour has been discussed (inside IR35).
To apply for this post, please call Emily Bulman onor with a copy of your up to date CV.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.