At Pure we partner with a select number of companies who share our vision of putting the customers at the heart of everything we do.
Solicitor/Litigator: Job Description
Pure Legal Limited is seeking experienced lawyers to assist in what will be a busy and varied practice dealing in complex civil litigation primarily in the fields of financial mis-selling and negligently installed cavity wall insulation. The ideal candidate should have strong post qualification, or a wealth of vocational, experience in civil litigation and will be required to handle all aspects of their cases from the pre-action stage up to and including appeals, if required. Successful candidates will be able to be proactive in developing and following appropriate litigation strategies both alone and as part of a team.
Responsibilities shall include:
· Managing a civil litigation caseload from inception to conclusion, to include claims against financial advisers and insulation companies in negligence and in contract;
· Reviewing and creating initial case plans by assessing client instructions and carrying out a review of available documentation at the outset of a case to determine suitable strategies to adopt;
· Providing support and guidance to fee earners and legal assistants within the team;
· Liaising with clients in order to advise on case prospects and take proofs of evidence to be used in the case;
· Preparation of documents to include correspondence, pleadings and witness statements;
· Attending court hearings both in person and by telephone;
· Attending case conferences with external counsel, where required;
· Dealing with correspondence and telephone calls;
· Providing updates to clients by email, letter or phone to ensure they receive up to date and adequate information about the progress of a case, when required;
· Liaising with accounts to ensure funds are allocated to the appropriate accounts in line with the Solicitor Accounts Rules 2011;
· Ensuring compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011.