An opportunity for a Civil Litigation Paralegal to join an ambitious financial services law firm in South Manchester, advising clients seeking redress from mis-sold financial products with a specific focus on Unfair Contracts (Consumer Credit Agreements).
You will natuarlly need to be a 'Self Starter' and take ownership of the development of your own professional knowledge and expertise. You will have a high level of numeracy and the ability to handle a large and varied caseload
You will be experienced ideally within a Civil Litigation or a PI background and have completed your LPC then this could be the job for you!!
* Excellent research skills and telephone manner
* Confident oral and written communication and client care skills
* Previous Litigation experience is essential (min 6-12 months)
* Good Academic background with at least a 2:1 degree or equivalent or additional experience
* Proactive and energetic with a tenacious approach to identifying issues and solving problems.
* Able to progress tasks using own initiative, seeking guidance and input from others where appropriate.
* Able to work to deadlines, prioritise own workload effectively under pressure and manage conflicting priorities with a large & varied case-load
* Quality and customer service oriented with a concern for accuracy and an eye for detail
* High level of Proficiency in the Civil Procedure rules - experience within Consumer Credit will be a massive advantage
* IT literate with good knowledge of Word and Excel. Knowledge/previous experience of a case management system is also essential as are good keyboard skills
To succeed in this position, you will be hard working, enthusiastic, outgoing and a team player with excellent client service skills. You will be natural at building rapport with clients and colleagues and will quickly gain their confidence with your knowledge and professionalism.
Salary Negotiable + Benefits
9-5 Monday - Friday
Please contact Ryan McNamara, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.