A multi-accredited firm based in Colchester, this Top Tier Legal 500 firm has been practicing for over a century. With roots in the local community, this full-service firm provides City-level services to its clients at affordable prices. A vacancy has now arisen for a Litigation Lawyer to join their team.
The successful candidate will:
· Manage the work efficiently and expeditiously
· Manage and maintain positive client relationships
· Promote the department and the firm through networking and business development activities
Undertake a mixed workload of civil and commercial dispute resolution including advising on:
· Building disputes
· Contract disputes
· Consumer disputes
· Contentious probate
· Debt recovery
· Landlord and tenant – residential and commercial
· Leasehold extensions
· Neighbour/boundary disputes
· Professional negligence
· Property Disputes
A qualified Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive, you will most likely have over 4 years PQE. You will have prior experience of handling commercial and civil dispute resolution work, and will possess exceptional negotiation and communication skills backed by excellent technical knowledge. You will also have a strong academic record and a proven track record of success in this area.
· Be comfortable working in a team or on your own initiative and will be willing to go the extra mile for your clients and colleagues
· Have a genuine passion for the work and a strong desire to succeed.
· Understand that as a legal practice we are there to manage risk, solve problems and add value for our clients
· Hold the respect and confidence of your colleagues and clients
· Demonstrate a pro-active approach to your work and successful business development
· Excellent communication skills
· Commercially astute with a positive "can-do" attitude
· Excellent people skills
· an excellent listener with good emotional intelligence
· an ability to know the client and understand their needs
Salary for the role is negotiable and dependant on experience and expertise.