Leigh Day is currently seeking a Litigation Assistant to join its highly acclaimed Consumer Law and Product Safety department.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities;
• Efficiently produce accurate documents, and audio typing from dictation when required.
• Liaise with clients to arrange meetings, provide information as directed, and proactively organise the team’s schedules, including diary management.
• Accurately maintain client files and undertake any file management tasks as required including hard copy and electronic filing
• Preparing bundles when required
• Copying and scanning.
• Assist with drafting correspondence, minutes and meeting notes.
• Keeping an updated to-do list and proactively managing tasks to completion.
• Establish and maintain efficient filing systems within our case management system and assist with several IT related projects in order to maintain the team’s electronic files.
• Manage the team’s finances through the payment of invoices, preparation and submission of bills and reporting to BTE/ATE insurers.
To be successful you must have;
• Genuine interest to work with a leading claimant law firm and passionate about providing access to justice.
• Relevant demonstrable experience in a similar role providing legal secretarial and administrative support.
• High level of proficiency in IT and demonstrable experience in using MS Word, Excel, case management systems.
• Demonstrable relevant experience in providing first class client care.
• Ability to produce work accurately, promptly and efficiently.
• Demonstrable experience of working with various stakeholders and having excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrable ability to manage own workload in an organised and methodological manner.
This is a permanent, full-time position based in London.
Please visit our website to download the job description and application form.
Please return the following documents to the email address provided on our website by Sunday 15 September 2019.
• A covering letter stating why you are interested in this role, your salary expectations and applicable notice period.
• A copy of your up-to-date CV.
• The completed application form (downloadable from our website).
Unfortunately we may not be able to consider applications where this information is not provided.
Valuing diversity is essential to Leigh Day’s on-going success. We are committed to creating a working culture where everyone’s contributions are encouraged and valued and the workplace is free from barriers to inclusion, particularly for those from under-represented backgrounds.
Should you have a disability or long-term condition that requires adjustments to the application or interview process, please contact us, in confidence, to discuss your requirements.
More information about equality, diversity and inclusion at Leigh Day is available on our website.