Job Title: Team Leader
Reports to: Operations Manager
We currently have an opening for a Team Leader to join our growing team based in our York city centre office. As a team leader you need to be dedicated, motivated with a desire to deliver. You will report to the Operations Manager and be responsible for managing the daily activity as well as ensuring the team delivers first class service to clients and the areas of the business they support.
· Progress a reduced caseload of claims in an efficient and effective manner.
· Provide line management to a team of fee earners to ensure claims progress in an efficient and effective manner addressing any team and individual performance issues.
· Ensure that the team objectives are met and team targets achieved.
· Train and develop fee earners to ensure quality of client outcomes ensuring all issues are addressed and development actions are implemented in a timely manner through monthly 121s.
· Lead and support the identification of continuous improvement opportunities within the team and liaise with Pure Legal Limited to build team capability through effective deployment of new working practices, systems, processes and behaviours.
· Lead by example to ensure business change is fully embedded.
· Assist the Operations Manager in analysing and driving performance in the team.
· Assist the Operations Manager in assessing business risk and recommending actions to address issues and mitigate risks.
· Working across the management team to help create and support a culture of continuous improvement and high levels of staff engagement to contribute to the overall operational plan.
· Deputise for the Operations Manager as required.
· To undertake any other tasks deemed relevant and reasonable by the business.
· Strong communications skills and excellent time management.
· Pro-active, positive and enthusiastic in periods of change.
· Commitment to deliver excellent client and operational outcomes.
· Enjoys taking accountability for objectives and measures.
· A willing coach to work with fee earners to develop new ways of working.
· Resilient and leads by example when faced with set-backs
· Part 7 litigation experience
· Competitive basic salary
· 20 days holiday per year (that increases with service), plus bank holidays, plus Christmas closure
· Company sponsored Health Cash Plan
· Flexibility around start/finish times
· Modern office in excellent city centre location
· Friendly, professional and supportive culture
· Social events such as “Fizz Friday” and York races