As the company expands, Elevate is looking to hire a Legal Spend Consultant to work with our team in London.
As an Elevate Legal Spend Consultant, you will work with our growing Legal Counsel Management Team to advise and support Elevate’s clients on best practice legal spend management, in areas such as new instructions of outside counsel, legal project management, spend analytics and related areas of legal operations.
You might be the right person if you:
- Like the sound of working virtually from your home office with a fast-paced dynamic company.
- Are looking for high visibility and unlimited growth potential.
- Enjoy working on multiple projects with quick turn-around.
- Would like to build a rewarding career in an environment that supports your success.
- Have 3+ years related experience in the legal field working with law firms or legal departments.
- Have supported strategic, technology, or operational improvements in an organization.
- Have developed and used metrics and analytics as part of your solutions.
Specifically, you will:
- Work with our Legal Counsel Management team to develop, roll out and run client initiatives related to:
- Scoping large legal matters and instructing external counsel
- Running tendering / RFP exercises to choose external counsel
- Supporting negotiations with external counsel on large legal matters
- Related analysis of legal spend
- Legal project management
- Related projects such as legal panel reviews or other operational improvements
- Work closely with executives of our customers to expand and build the relationship.
- Work closely with lawyers across all practice areas (with a focus on litigation, competition and regulatory, M&A, or large commercial transactions), both in-house and at partner level with law firms
- Manage or assist in projects involving redesign or improvement of legal operations processes
- Develop a working knowledge of technology applicable to the field
- Support ongoing development of the Counsel Management Team service line by bringing your ideas to the table
Skills for Success:
- Project management.
- Detail-oriented with an eye for accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- High energy, engaging and outgoing.
- Understands how to build relationships.
- Team player who works well across the organization.
- General MS Office Skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables, vlookup, and conditional formatting.
- 3+ years preferably a legal department or law firm
- For those with more or less experience, Elevate will consider all applicants with relevant backgrounds who have an interest in developing a career in this field
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Relevant legal qualifications for your jurisdiction preferred (JD, LPC, or qualified solicitors)
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
· Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
· Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
· Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.