9 months ago
Stowe Family Law is the largest specialist family law firm in the UK, with offices in locations throughout the UK. We aspire to be the best Family Law Practice in every location we have an office. With a genuine focus on client care, we aim for all our previous clients to be our biggest advocates.
The Wilmslow Office;
This is an exciting period to join Stowe Family Law and as a result of continued success we are looking to appoint an ambitious and driven Legal Secretary to our Wilmslow office. Located in the centre of Wilmslow the office is situated on Station Road, just a short walk from the Wilmslow train station. The office was opened in 2013 and has since been providing excellent client care to clients across Cheshire and South Manchester.
As a Legal Secretary based out of our Wilmslow office you will support the solicitors with their own case load which typically is a split between privately funded children arrangements, divorce, finances, cohabitation, civil partnership, pre-nuptial agreements and much more. You will be working closely with our Managing Partner in Wilmslow and other Solicitors, who will support you when needed, offer you development and progression.
As a Legal Secretary your main roles will include;
* Dealing and liaising with enquiries from clients
* Arranging appointments using diary management system
* Preparing letters and court documents
* Delivering and collecting documents
* Copying, scanning and faxing, including preparation of bundles
* Filing and other general administration work
* Preparing all relevant paperwork for the accounts department
* Any other tasks commensurate with the role
You will also have skills, interests and qualities in the following;
* Excellent audio-typing skills
* Knowledge of law and legal procedures would be beneficial but not essential
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Computer literacy
* A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
* Discretion, for dealing with confidential information
* The ability to work to deadlines
* The ability to work well as part of a team and also on your own
* Candidates must have previous experience working as a legal secretary in either family law or a discipline closely aligned.
* A mindset that places quality at the heart of everything you do.
Why Stowe Family Law?
We are a business who value our staff, offering market leading remuneration packages, training and development, progression opportunities, flexible working hours, family friendly culture, an attractive benefits package (including 25 days holiday, pension, Bupa cashplan healthcare, death in service cover etc), childcare vouchers, season ticket loans and above all a friendly, team-oriented environment to work in.
If you’re interested in hearing more please apply or call the recruitment team on