about 1 year ago
Legal Secretary, Residential Conveyancing, Glasgow
As a result of the continued expansion of our Residential Property practice we are looking for an experienced legal secretary to provide full secretarial and administrative support to fee earners in our team. The team deals with a variety of property and conveyancing matters.
Responsibilities will include:
* Liaising with lawyers to identify their work commitments and prioritise work accordingly
* Issuing clients with quotes and terms of business and complying with money laundering regulations including assisting fee earner in obtaining evidence of identification and risk assessment
* Arranging meetings and appointments both internally and externally
* Audio and copy typing for complex and confidential documents (typing will also be supported by the Document Production team). Typing qualified acceptances, formal letters, offers and all other formal and informal correspondence within case management systems
* Managing production of documents including;
* Handle client telephone enquiries in a polite & professional manner within the agreed timescales at all levels
* Typing discharges, drafts and principal copies, sending them to lenders for execution and return
* Ordering titles from lenders
* Ordering search forms, property enquiry reports etc.
* Ordering redemption figures and issuing cheques to redeem mortgages
* Completing registration forms
* Submitting LBTT forms online
* Use of Land Registers online system for quick copy Land Certificates
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
* Legal Secretarial experience including experience in residential conveyancing essential
* Experience of dealing directly with clients by telephone at all levels
* Excellent computer skills including audio and copy typing
* Excellent administrative and organisational skills
* Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate verbally and in writing
* Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines under pressure
* Ability to use initiative
* Attention to detail
* Experience with systems BigHand and Worksite would be beneficial for this role but not essential
* Experience in operating a case management system advantageous but training will be given
You will work for a dynamic and continuously growing business which has driven its way to impressive growth in both headcount and turnover. Harper Macleod has been named Law Firm of the Year eight times and consistently delivers excellent results.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to develop your career over a period which will continue to bring exciting challenges and opportunities for all involved.