Top regional law firm is recruiting for a Legal Secretary with strong skills, you need to have experience in property department and /or Private Client work.
My client is a well established traditional law firm offering a full range of legal and financial services to their commercial and private clients. They have several offices across the County of Norfolk.
Secretary and Administrative Support to the Estates Team
To provide secretarial and administrative support to the Probate Team and the wider Estates Department
Person specification - skills, knowledge and experience required
- Previous experience of working in a relevant team;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing;
- A positive and helpful attitude;
- Use of initiative within limits of knowledge and authority;
- Ability to work as part of a team and readiness to provide support and assistance wherever it is needed;
- Ability to take responsibility for own work;
- Being courteous and professional in all work matters, acting with integrity and recognising the need for complete confidentiality;
- Remaining calm under pressure;
- Having a positive and enthusiastic approach to IT systems and as a minimum having a good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word.
- Dress appropriately for work in a professional service environment giving the right image to clients, professional intermediaries and third parties;
A full clean driving licence would be beneficial.
- Assist with the compilation of legal documents if appropriate;
- Understand and follow the legal processes involved in your team's area of law;
- Understand and comply with all internal office procedures;
- Assist fee earners to ensure matters are regularly billed and paid on time;
- Comply with the firm's Anti Money Laundering procedures;
- Comply with the firm's Records Management procedures;
- Read firm communications and support new initiatives;
- Make yourself familiar with and comply in all respects with any new policies.
- Assist with meeting bookings including all ancillary arrangements as directed.
- Actively help others and seek assistance when required;
- Understand your own role and responsibilities and recognise those of others;
- Be proactive and think ahead of fee earners' needs to free them from administration tasks;
- Share your knowledge and skills with less experienced colleagues including new joiners;
- Help colleagues in your team to manage workloads and meet deadlines;
- Cover the planned and unplanned absences of others in your team;
- Be flexible and willing to go the extra mile when necessary to ensure work is completed on time;
- Commence work punctually each day and have good time keeping;
- Attend team meetings;
Carry out an active role during planned and unplanned fire drills and any emergency situations involving the whole office;
- Actively supporting team business development and marketing initiatives;
- Actively listen and ask questions for clarity.
- Be courteous and professional to others;
- Obtain necessary information to deal with enquiries, requests and instructions;
- Identify, give and receive appropriate information during telephone conversations;
- Comply with the firm's internal procedures for holiday and sickness absence;
- Work in a calm and professional manner.
IT and typing skills are required so that you can use the firm's systems and equipment in the performance of your role. You should:
- Accurately produce documents, letters, memos, attendance notes and emails;
- Keep computerised documents up to date with any document movements;
- Proof read all typed communications to ensure they are properly presented and that addresses, spelling and grammar have been checked;
- Comply with house style;
- Amend marked up documents;
- Ensure contact details of all existing clients, potential clients,
meetings and marketing activities are accurately recorded and maintained on the firm's electronic systems.
Please forward your application to Alison Thorne at LEX Recruitment or please do make contact by phone or email with any enquiries. Please also check the LEX Recruitment jobs page for any other opportunities.
LEX Recruitment is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. In accordance with The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses (Amendment) Regulations, LEX Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff.