7 months ago
LEGAL SECRETARY – LITIGATION DEPARTMENT
Everys has been providing high quality legal advice to families and businesses across the region for many years. Offering a full range of legal services delivered professionally yet personally, we place great value on the on-going relationships we have with our clients. We always provide a welcoming and helpful service, with clear communication at the heart of everything we do.
We believe in developing and maintaining strong links with the communities in which we work and live and are strong supporters of a wide range of sporting and charitable organisation across Devon and Somerset.
We are proud to be able to provide the reassurance of dealing with a leading regional law firm.
Our Litigation Department deals with a broad range of civil litigation work ranging from commercial and property disputes to contentious probate and comprises one partner, two associates, and one paralegal supported by a secretarial team of four. We are proud of our inclusive team ethos with everyone working together to achieve a high quality service for clients and colleagues.
We currently have a full-time vacancy for an experienced secretary (specialising in property litigation) based in our Exeter office. The successful candidate will need to be able to:
· Demonstrate excellent secretarial and typing skills (both audio and copy typing) with good attention to detail
· Manage a busy workload using own initiative
· Demonstrate previous experience in the use of digital dictation and case management software
· Manage fee earners’ diaries
· Demonstrate good organisation skills
· Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and spoken
· Cope well under pressure, with an ability to work flexibly and cope with changing priorities
· Take a positive and proactive approach to work, anticipating and meeting the needs of the department
· Be competent in using Word and other Microsoft Products (Outlook and Powerpoint)
· Previous legal secretarial experience is essential
· Previous Litigation experience is desirable but not essential
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of our Litigation Department and to thrive in a professional and friendly atmosphere offering a competitive salary. If you are a competent legal secretary looking for a new challenge please send your CV.