11 months ago
Legal Secretary - Family Department
Bindmans LLP is a successful London law firm, with a reputation for excellence and being at the cutting edge of legal developments.
We are ranked No. 1 within the professional legal directories in many areas of practice – and are respected by peers and clients alike for the work we do. Legal 500 says that we have the "...ethical positioning and moral commitment of a standard civil liberties practice with the quality of the Magic Circle", while Chambers say that “the principles and heart of this firm make it stand out from the crowd.”
Our Family Department is seeking to recruit a Legal Secretary to join the team, currently supported by a Personal Assistant, two paralegals and a trainee solicitor, providing secretarial and administrative support to the solicitors within the team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Providing secretarial support to solicitors within the team;
* audio typing;
* assisting the PA in the department;
* booking appointments and arranging meetings;
* assisting with client queries;
* taking telephone calls;
* undertaking administrative tasks and assisting with case administration and preparation.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
* Legal experience and knowledge of family law is not essential but is an advantage.
* Fast and accurate typing is essential (70wpm).
You will need to be:
* have good communication, organisation and administrative skills,
* a flexible and professional attitude;
* the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail.
Bindmans LLP is an equal opportunities employer, committed to increasing diversity in our firm and our wider profession. Applications from candidates who are BME, have a disability or who are from a less privileged background are particularly encouraged.
Follow the link below
STRICTLY NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS