5 months ago
Legal Secretary - Commercial Property - Cardiff
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Legal Secretary to join our Commercial Property team in Cardiff.
The successful candidate will provide secretarial and administrative support to several fee earners within a busy Commercial Property team.
The role will involve working with large documents (including formatting), assisting with billing and dealing with clients. Candidates must possess previous relevant experience; strong typing skills and the ability to use a digital dictation system.
We are seeking someone who has a strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, with the ability to use their own initiative and work within tight deadlines. This role is 35 hours per week, 09:00am – 5:00pm.
* Audio typing via digital dictation system and copy typing drafts to finished items.
* Composing letters to clients, solicitors and various other stakeholders.
* Diary management including setting reminders for fee earners, arranging appointments, meetings, lunches, travel and accommodation.
* Photocopying, faxing and scanning documents as and when required.
* Preparing bills, including disbursements from billing guides. Preparing relevant forms for accounts including payment requests.
* Meeting with clients to obtain identification documents, preparing the relevant forms for a file to be opened on the Firm’s case management system.
* Preparing engagement letters and completion statements to clients.
* Looking after various fee earners files in their absence and exchanging contracts and completing matters (when authorised).
* Answering external calls on behalf of fee earners when they are not available.
* File closures including checking the accounts system to ensure that all disbursements have been cleared and that there is no money left on client account.
* Managing incoming post, processing incoming cheques and acknowledgements and replying to various stakeholders when necessary.
* Amending successive versions of the same document as revisions are agreed between negotiating parties, at all times in accordance with the firm’s document management system.
* Any other duties required to ensure the smooth running of the team.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required:
* Always work in a cross functional manner as is necessary to meet the company goals;
* Well turned out and presentable in order to be client facing should the need arise (for example, collecting ID for copying and witnessing documents);
* Excellent verbal and written skills;
* Excellent organisational skills;
* Ability to work under pressure;
* Ability to work proactively and use own initiative;
* High attention to detail and accuracy;
* Experience supporting at Partner level within a professional services firm;
* Experience of managing a high volume of work, providing full secretarial support to more than one person;
* Proven time management experience.
Candidates must possess previous experience in a similar role and accurate typing skills. The ideal applicant will also have the ability to work under pressure using their own initiative.
In return, candidates will have the opportunity to join a top ranking regional practice with the following benefits:
* Competitive salary
* Contributory pension scheme (after qualifying period)
* In house training and development
* Life Assurance
* A range of salary sacrifice options including additional pension contributions, cycle to work scheme and the option to purchase additional holidays